Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did something I shouldn't have today and stopped by the gunshop :rolleyes: It just tempts the ole'flesh something terrible. Anyway, I really like the 1911 platform but I'm small and slim so weight and bulk is a real issue for me in a carry weapon. Well they had a Springfield Micro Compact in .40. It's a bi-tone model and it's got to be the best looking weapon (IMO) that I've ever laid eyes on.

I know some of you think that a 1911 under 5" or 4" is asking for trouble but what do you think of this particular weapon? Anyone have it? It's their loaded version so I would expect they've set it up right to handle the challenges of a 1911 in it's size. And, what about .40? Does it create any challenges to run this gun in .40 cal versus .45? I already have a .45 1911 and a 9mm Kahr P9 so I like the idea of a .40.

What do you all think? They're asking $845. for it; is that fair?

Thanks all...
Gideon

·
Banned
303 Posts
That seems a bit high to me. I ordered a Springfield Ultra Compact in .45 and it is gonna run around $840.00. That is including sales tax!! Also it is all Stainless!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Gideon - guy at my main club bought a Micro this summer - in .45acp and IIRC he paid that money at least, if not more. Struck me as a pricey number.

I did get to shoot it and was favorably impressed - tho that was just with FMJ's. No idea re the performance of Micro .40's.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Ihaven't seen one yet but the price seems high on it...
How about one of these: Sig P239 SAS in 40 S&W.......REAL SLICK GUN
I've handled one at the store and it's really nice...... 849.00 on the retail.. all sharp edges are broken just like the Kimber Pro CDP......Take a look at the Website:
http://www.sigarms.com/products/classicpersonalsize-models.asp?product_id=251#
This little gem is nice. Even Chris might go for it, as he's a Sig guy

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Even Chris might go for it, as he's a Sig guy
Haha - da man keeps tryin LOL!

One thing I have vowed Bob - is to avoid .40 - simply because I just don't want (yet) another caliber - simple as that! If I jump from 9mm in an auto - it's straight to good ol .45acp :smile:

·
Banned
303 Posts
I'm torn between two lovers. I just ordered a Para Ordnance Hawg 9 that will be in next week. The Springfield Ultra Compact hasn't come in yet either. I will just have to see which one I like better. .45 with 6 + 1 mag capacity or 9mm with 12 + 1 cap. Both guns almost the same size.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
P95Carry said:
Haha - da man keeps tryin LOL!

One thing I have vowed Bob - is to avoid .40 - simply because I just don't want (yet) another caliber - simple as that! If I jump from 9mm in an auto - it's straight to good ol .45acp :smile:
:biggrin: Don't fret over it Chris... There's a P239 SAS coming out in the 9MM flavor.... LOL :biggrin: Soooooooooooo there's no excuses.. hehehehehe :biggrin:

·
Registered
521 Posts
My 2 cents worht is stay away form the under 3" ers.
just sent "my lil pain" back to S.A. and see what they can do for me to get it reliable. will post results when it returns.

that would be my concern for ya if ya went with the micro. I would think its gonna have the same issues no matter the caliber.
now if its the "upgraded"/ loaded model then 'maybe' they werked out the bugs but why should i/you have had to pay for that? they should start with a workable, reliable platform to begin with then make it better. not start with a marginal platform and make it right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts