Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the bad news is they sent the wrong gun.
The milspec i ordered and registered isn't a milspec its a trp.
a damn fine gun if i might say
ill post pics
i ordered it with a trigger n hammer job didn't arrive.
I got sent the whole package he he he i paid 989 for it and got a 1600dollar gun.
man am i smiling.
I shot it at the indoor range omg what a gun - fine as my kimber ever was.
might have to call in sick so i can run some rounds through it
ill post pics as soon as i can.
The gun store was all apologetic and called spring field and they offered to correct the problem:blink:
problem what problem - I said I don't have a problem
Ill settle for this one they said ok our mistake
for once Cal law worked in my favor when we sent for it they gave us the serial numbers and we started the paper work.
so the gun shows up with the correct serial # and its all tricked out.
Its mine all mine I shouted as I left the store.
Man what a day Springfield also said they would send me a teeshirt for the inconvenience
man what a day
did i say that already:banana: :danceban: :image035:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds almost to good to be true. I also have a few 1911's, and have to agree that the TRP is a fine specimen.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
What gunstore is that??? I'm gonna stop by and buy something. Maybe if I buy a Jennings, they'll send me a Browning HP ?????

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k just got off the phone with floyd and he asked if i can pay another 300 to offset the cost the mistake is going to cost him basically giving me the gun for cost i agreed to this since its only fair man it was un godly for a moment but iv bought a few guns from them and they have always treated me right still think thats a hell of a deal what do you think? ill go down tomorrow and pay the other three and still be giddy

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its a bit more than i planned on paying i started out at 600 then added some goodies then another three to make it all good for every one
man am i glad im not married
a wife wouldn't see it in as good as a light as i have :rofl:
still after going from 6 something to twelve hundred i think i still came out ahead for what i got
going to borrow a digi cam from my brother this weekend so i can show it to you all

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Still sounds like you are comin' out on the right side of this one :wink: :smilez:

Sometimes mistakes are good ones!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Hey ssssnake! Paradise isn't far from Madera, and I have a Taurus PT-22 and a Beretta .32 Tomcat I'll trade you for that poor Springfield, sight unseen...

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am glad to hear you said yes to paying the extra three hundred. It's only right and you still get a great deal.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Congrats on your new family member.:wink:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Trp is a Fine pistol only thing is Ditch the 2 piece guide rod it likes to unscrew and launch down range
just ask my uncle..

Also if ya read some of my posts you'll see the front part of my 2 piece guide-rod disappeared when i was carrying my loaded lightweight Springer ..

2 Piece guide rod answer to a question no one asked

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey bud since you have some time with thease i got a few ?
what do i lube n clean this hot rod with it has a verry slick finish.
what do i replace the two pice guide ro with ? nand any thing else you can think of i worked a mid to six shift last night got off work and went to the range put another 100 slow fire rounds trough it now my son will want to go shoot after he gets home so i guese i should sleep lol

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ya Dun Gud You Rascal, look ashamed!!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm flying my BS flag! I won't believe it till I see some pics dammit!

....... hint, hint, hint... :hand5:

I do LOVE it when things work out like that! Sweet deal!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Now that is service...man what can I say, Man what can anybody say...somebody up there loves ya...:danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :banana:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts