Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Considering getting one of these as my first 40. Seems like there are a lot of them out there. Trying to stay in this price range. Suggestions welcome.
Hard to believe no one has had anything to say about these guns. Maybe that's telling me something?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an XD 40 4" with the trijcon night sights and i love it. shoots great. I've never heard a bad thing about them.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Springfield XD40 is a great gun, wish I had one. But the Glock 23 fits my hand better.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Everyone I know that has one loves them. The night sights are hard to put in, at least I am told the front one is. I am at a toss up between an Xd and a Glock, so i am going to follow this thread.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I'm glad you have a sense of humor because I had second thoughts. Some folks are quite passionate about their chosen brands. I’ve always preferred Colts and yet I have all Smith’s and no Colts.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Buy the Glock and never look back. :danceban:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was considering the XD 40 but went with the G23 it just fit better. My buddy had the XD40 and loves it. I guess I am partial to Glocks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
everybody will have their preferences; its like people who debate about Chevy vs. Ford.. i love my XD, but would have taken a Glock in a heartbeat.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I have both but I go to my glock for my carry weapon along with my sig but the XD is my Nightstand gun.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Everyone I know that has one loves them. The night sights are hard to put in, at least I am told the front one is. I am at a toss up between an Xd and a Glock, so i am going to follow this thread.
Both are very reliable. Just get one of each and be done with the worry about it all.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I chose the XD 40 due to its durability and the grip safety. Nothing wrong with either gun. Go with what you feel most comfortable with.

Armydad

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
The XD-40 may drop a bit in price in the coming months due to Springfield just releasing the XDm 3.8 in .40. The 3.8 is about the same size as the XD-40, but the XDm holds 16 rounds and has the minor upgrades of the XDm.

You might even be able to negotiate a lower price now on an XD-40.

I own the 9 and .45 and like them. Never shot the .40, but I don't expect it to be much different.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you get the chance, try as many as you can out, we all have our favorites. Personally, what I like, might not be what You like. I know it sounds wishy washy,but no one can choose but you.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have to XD 40's, they are great guns. Can't go wrong with an XD.

·
Registered
94 Posts
my two cents

I have an XD40 4" barrel service model, a XD subcompact 40, and a Glock 27. The larger XD sleeps next to me with a TRL-1 Streamlight on it. The XD subcompact sleeps next to my brother with a X2 light/laser on it. And, typically, I conceal the G27 or my Kel tec 380-AT.

I have put the most rounds at the range through my XD, but I have had a problem with stove pipe jams. But, in all fairness, XDs are really made with the purpose of handling the really hot self defense rounds, and I have never fired self defense rounds through it. So, although with range rounds I have had jams, I am confident that the same wouldn't be true of hotter rounds.

But, when my father expressed a desire to have a gun, I ended up buying him a G23 and putting a TRL-1 Streamlight on it just because I was concerned with my father having jams with his home defense gun, and because he has always been more of a revolver user then a semi-auto, I just wanted him to have something that was completely reliable.

If indeed, the prices of the XDs are gonna go down due to the XDms, then I will definitely get a couple more in either 40 cal or 45 because I find them really comfortable weapons and like the features on the Springfields.

The first time I took my G27 to the range, it jammed on the first clip....now before everyone starts telling me that I am handling the weapon wrong, I was not firing the gun at the time. Ironically, my good friend and extreme Glock enthusiast was shooting it and he was really confused when it happened. But, when I fired it, it didn't jam on me, and never has, so it is a non-issue for me.

I really like the size of the G27. With a magazine/grip extender, it fits my hand great. I wouldn't mind if it had a mini-rail on it, though. I love the fact that the Springfield sub compact has one. I don't have any plans of trading my G27 in or anything like that, but I would like to get my hands on another G23....among other things.

...it's a sickness, really :comeandgetsome::bier:

And Santa, I want a new Sig, a HK, a Springfield 1911, an AR, a CZ Scorpion, a Walther, an AK-47, a Barrett Lapua .338, and did I mention I have been REAAAALLLY good?!!! :image035:

KTCameraman

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I have and carry an XD .40 service size two tone. I love the gun. It fits my hand like a glove and has not once, in over 1500 rounds that I have put through it given me a lick of trouble. It is accurate as all heck and is really a joy to shoot.

I say get yourself one. You will not regret it.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Based on the first post, I am not sure what you are actually looking for... Thoughts on the different XD models or thoughts on alternate choices other than the XD? I have the XD .40 subcompact and I love the gun. It's accurate, fairly easy to conceal and, based on a lot of writeups and feedback, a workhorse of a pistol. The Glocks are great guns as well, I just liked the feel of the XD over the Glock.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts