Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you trade a springfield xd subcompact in 9mm for a ruger sp101? Kind of always wanted one of the sp101's just haven't had the money as of late. Any opinions?

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
I might, the sp101 has a reputation as a very tough .357, my idea of a "family heirloom" kind of gun. Although, with the short-barreled version, .357 doesn't gain you much over 9mm +P from the xd - if it's the 3" or 4" version, though, that's a different story.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wouldn't trade my SP for an XD if that helps give perspective. But then again I have a couple of 9mm so not a big desire either.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I wouldIn a heartbeat

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Heck yes!!!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Since Revolvers are my favorite and I carry a SP daily, Yes. But, the XD is an excellent gun. You may want to keep it and buy an SP.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
It depends. Every gun has a niche to fill. If you have something already filling the niche the XD is in then make the trade. If not, pass on it until the XD becomes expendable.

Reactions: Remy

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
They are both good guns, but for very different reasons. Price point is similar. I think it would be a fair trade. I would only trade for the .357 model - not the 38+p.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still waiting to see if the other party will be interested but also got an offer for trade to get a Ruger LCR 357 and 50 rounds of ammo. Thoughts on this? I like the SP101 but the LCR's are nice too! That and if the other decides to not go through might be another option. Feed back on first was great! Lets see what kind of feedback I can get on this one. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Personally, I'd pass on the LCR. The SP101 is a tank and shoots like a dream. I'd imagine the LCR in .357 would have some hefty recoil. I don't have shooting experience with that one, though.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Still waiting to see if the other party will be interested but also got an offer for trade to get a Ruger LCR 357 and 50 rounds of ammo. Thoughts on this? I like the SP101 but the LCR's are nice too! That and if the other decides to not go through might be another option. Feed back on first was great! Lets see what kind of feedback I can get on this one. Thanks guys!
If you plan to pocket carry a revolver then go for the LCR. If you plan to carry a revolver on your belt then hands down the SP101.

Reactions: maxwell97

·
Registered
303 Posts
While I have regretted most of the times I ever sold or traded off a gun, the one that I do not miss was an XD 9mm.

Nothing against the XD, really, it just didn't appeal to me after shooting it a while.

However, if I could have traded it for an SP101, I would have done so immediately. An SP101 is on my list of guns I want and don't own yet.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Both the LCR .357 and SP101 .357 are fantastic. LCR is my edc, but the SP101 is my favorite by far. That being said, the SP is the 4.2" so it doesn't conceal as easily. Would I trade a XD to get one? Yes, no question. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Would you trade a springfield xd subcompact in 9mm for a ruger sp101?
Let me put it this way...I wouldn't trade my SP 101 for a xd subcompact 9. So...:yup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts