Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or has Springfield XD lost its popularity? I rarely see an XD for sale or holsters for it too. Maybe that is because it is such a good gun that everyone wants to keep all of their gear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn't sell mine for 3 times what it's worth. It was my first handgun, and my favorite still. 100% reliable and holds 13+1 of 45ACP.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Think we bought them all up!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I wouldn't sell my XD45... Are you talking about used guns and holsters? I agree with some of the other posters... no one's selling them...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'd like to find some stats on handgun sells by manufacturer. Talking to a few shops they're still in high demand...especially the XDsc. Go to galleryofguns.com and you see that the greater majority of their models are out of stock. I know I'll never give up my XD9sc.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Why would we sell our XD's?? But yea I don't think they are that mainstream yet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
mine will never be sold :wave:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Come to think of it, I don't believe I've seen an used XD for sale in a gun store. I've got a Tactical 9 that I had customized and it will not be sold. Others have been, but not my favorite competition/range gun.

·
Registered
779 Posts
According to USPSA useage stats--the bellweather of the civillian market--yes.

In USPSA Production, XD lost ground to both M&P (bigtime) and GLOCK. This is not to say ANYTHING about the model, only about what was used at the USPSA nationals as reported in "Front Sight".

XD has never really had a presence in other Divisions, so no decline or gain there either.

In past years, this useage study has been an excellent barometer on the civillian market!

Dan

·
Registered
473 Posts
I wouldn't sell mine for 3 times what it's worth. It was my first handgun, and my favorite still. 100% reliable and holds 13+1 of 45ACP.
Wasnt my first gun, but it is my favorite. I would be homeless before i would sell my XD45, and even then i may not sell it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have one as well. XD-45 4". I was at my local gun shop last week and saw a nice Kimber. I have always wanted a Kimber just never ran across the right deal yet. I asked the store owner what he'd give me on trade for my XD on that Kimber...Told me flat out "Keep the XD", save your money and add the Kimber to your collection....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just love my XD. When I have it on there are no worries what so ever. I am with everyone else I don't think I would every trade mine in.

·
Registered
713 Posts
XDs are just a bit more expensive than say a Glock and M&P, Taurus, etc. People tend to buy what they can afford like they should, but some can afford a great firearm like the XD line and choose to save and buy a lesser like a Glock, M&P, etc. Those people just dont know what they are missing!! Spend the extra buck and get something you will love!!

·
Banned
123 Posts
I am a 1911 45 fan all the way but I really love my XD45 2 tone also...13+1 rounds is great!

I handled and tried the M&P and the Glock and even though it was more money the XD just came out on top for me as a choice. Added Tru-Glo Tritium / Fiber Optic sights and a Crimson Trace....what more can you ask for :hand10:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have both the xd9 and 45. I use the xd9 in my concealed carry classes and it has had a very lot of rounds put through it. No problems what so ever. That may be why you do not see them for sale. People are hanging on to them.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts