Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this firearm at the the gun range I went to shoot my CZ P07 at this weekend. The grip was a bit short with a 14rd magazine, but the trigger was very nice with a crisp break and short reset. The gun was very solid and seemed to be made very well. Anyone have any experience with this firearm?

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Pic?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
What makes it "Elite"?

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
21,187 Posts
I have owned the 5.25" 10mm and the 3.3" .45 ACP XD series. For some reason, both of them made the tip of my trigger finger very sore after a few rounds at the range. I sold both of them.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I couldnt imagine looking for a pistol in 2021 and deciding on any Springfield product, much less a XD.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Why? Serious question.
I have a collection of XD pistols. My first handgun was a XD 4" service model. The XD design is trued and true. It's been around for decades. They are well built and reliable pistols. They are also usually very reasonably priced for what you get.

The #1 reason why people hate and bash the XD line of handgun stems from politics. A group they were a part of changed their vote from being "Against" to being "Neural" on a gun control bill after they lobbied to be excluded from said bill that was going to be passed and was passed no matter how they felt about it. They later change their vote back to being "Against." Ever since then, some people will nitpick reasons to hate their product out of spite.

Other reason are that a few do not like the XD line is because of the 1911 style grip saftety (which never has given me or many of the plethora of 1911 owners any issues). The last reason is the looks and bore axis which have only been an issue in theory. Sigs and other models that are carried and have been carried for decades by L.E. and the military also have high bore axises, and yet neither of the latter branches have had an issue.

All in all, they make well made and dependable pistols that are just as good as the other duty offerings. Whether it's right for you or not depends on how it fits your hand, how well you shoot it, and personal preference. If the price was right, I'd grab one without any regrets in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
@APX-9M I forgot about the gun control bill. I have an original XD-S in .45 with the safety recall service done, and an XD-MOD2 in .45, and both have been reliable and seem like fine pistols to me. They sit in my safe now, however. Nothing wrong them - they were acquired during my "carry journey" and I finally settled on a 637 and a Defender 9mm for my carry guns.

Reactions: APX-9M

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
I don't have any problems with grip safeties. Kind of a good feature to have on a striker fired gun when holstering. Never had any performance issues with them.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I'm happy with my XD-E 3.3 45, a DA/SA autoloader. It's a bit on the heavy side at 32 oz when loaded with eight 230 grain HP rounds but other than that, it fits a particular requirement I have for a motorcycle jacket pocket very well. IMHO, a far better pocket companion than my snubby because it's 8 rounds of 45 caliber goodness + seven more in a spare magazine rather than 5 at 35 caliber (38 sp) + a speed strip of six. The XD-E shoots very well for me, around 3" @ 15 yards and the hammer fired decocked DA provides a level of safety above a striker-fired pistol.
Springfield builds firearms of reasonable quality for a price point, I have a few other Springers and like them all, particularly my TRP Operator, it's a 1911 which functions very well.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
21,187 Posts
Springfield has excellent customer service. I don't currently own any of their XD series. I do have two of their 1911 10mm TRP Operators, an M1A rifle, and a Saint Victor AR-15 rifle.

If I boycott every company that ever did something that I disagreed with in the past, I would never buy anything. I would have to boycott Colt, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, and Ruger. Those are the top four manufacturers of guns I own currently.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the answer is no. 🤣 Noone has any experience with this firearm.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
I have none with that particular firearm however I have experience with the Springfield XD line including the XDM in 45acp. The ones I own and have owned have been reliable, good quality pistols priced very reasonably. Some people won't use a gun with a grip safety. I'm not one of them.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have a 3.8 XDm in .40 although not this particular one. Bought it new and was my first try at a concealed carry pistol . I have never had even a hint of a problem with it. I like it
But it’s a bedside gun or fishing boat gun now a days .

·
Registered
60 Posts
My first gun was the XD 4" service pistol in 9mm..Still have it. It's my wife's favorite gun.
Also have the XD-M Compact 3.8" in 9mm - my former carry gun.
New carry gun is the XD-M Elite compact in 9mm with a Holosun red dot. I don't notice a large improvement with the new trigger, but I like the way it shoots. I am getting used to the red dot also and can align on target quickly - bad eyes...hence the new sight/gun.

Have a couple other XD-Ms and Springfield products ;)

They are good, reliable products IMHO...

Peace,
Michael J.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts