Defensive Carry banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Premium Member
So the answer is no. 馃ぃ Noone has any experience with this firearm.
Doesn't seem like it. But we have a lot of tangentially related opinions. And many more coming before this thread dies, I'm sure!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hmm..maybe my post was passed over? I have the gun...but...

Peace,
Michael J.
I saw your post. Is there anything you dont care for about the gun? Thanks for your input sir.

Registered
I saw your post. Is there anything you dont care for about the gun? Thanks for your input sir.
It's on the heavy side. I do think there are better triggers out there - even with this "elite" one. However, that's an easy fix to get done. Overall, I really like the firearm, and was drawn to it because I have been carrying the non-elite XD-M compact for many years, but didn't want to mill the slide for the red dot. This was an easy solution so it's basically the same gun to me - no carry changes.

I must like it overall it buy basically a second one! :) I recommend it...

thank you,
Peace,
Michael J.

Registered
Why? Serious question.
I don鈥檛 think Springfield makes exceptionally good products on their own, and add to that the politics the company plays that sells the 2A up the river, hard pass.

On top of that, I couldn鈥檛 justify spending that much money on some foreign produced, second rate, budget pistol that鈥檚 restamped with the name of a random corporation that wants to act like it has 200 years of US military Arsenal history, when it is in fact not linked at all.

The XDs are not as good as the other options on the market. Plenty of firearm trainers who train thousands of people and see millions of rounds go down range say that in their opinion, with their large sample size, that the XDs are just not as well built, not as reliable, and not as durable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's on the heavy side. I do think there are better triggers out there - even with this "elite" one. However, that's an easy fix to get done. Overall, I really like the firearm, and was drawn to it because I have been carrying the non-elite XD-M compact for many years, but didn't want to mill the slide for the red dot. This was an easy solution so it's basically the same gun to me - no carry changes.

I must like it overall it buy basically a second one! :) I recommend it...

thank you,
Peace,
Michael J.

Thanks for the response.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I don鈥檛 think Springfield makes exceptionally good products on their own, and add to that the politics the company plays that sells the 2A up the river, hard pass.

On top of that, I couldn鈥檛 justify spending that much money on some foreign produced, second rate, budget pistol that鈥檚 restamped with the name of a random corporation that wants to act like it has 200 years of US military Arsenal history, when it is in fact not linked at all.

The XDs are not as good as the other options on the market. Plenty of firearm trainers who train thousands of people and see millions of rounds go down range say that in their opinion, with their large sample size, that the XDs are just not as well built, not as reliable, and not as durable.

Thanks for the response. This is the first time Ive heard XDs not being well built, reliable or durable. Hmmmm......thanks again.

Registered
Thanks for the response. This is the first time Ive heard XDs not being well built, reliable or durable. Hmmmm......thanks again.
I鈥檇 like to read some of these opinions myself. There are Springfield and XD forums you can search out and read opinions of current and former owners. There are a lot of owners of XD鈥檚 and like most owners of brand x鈥檚 they tend to come together in brand x environments. 馃憤

Registered
What would make you go with a 20+ year old foreign pistol that was originally sold as a $250 budget import, over a modern option built by a major manufacturer like CZP10, HK VP9, Sig P320, Walther PPQ/PDP, Glock 19, Smith M&P, etc?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What would make you go with a 20+ year old foreign pistol that was originally sold as a $250 budget import, over a modern option built by a major manufacturer like CZP10, HK VP9, Sig P320, Walther PPQ/PDP, Glock 19, Smith M&P, etc?
The XDM Elite Compact was introduced at the beginning of this year. I dont have a dog in the fight, but some of the pistols you mentioned above are much more dated. Just sayin. Thanks.

Registered
The XDM Elite Compact was introduced at the beginning of this year. I dont have a dog in the fight, but some of the pistols you mentioned above are much more dated. Just sayin. Thanks.
Its a new edition, but the same pistol that has been around since the mid 1990s.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Its a new edition, but the same pistol that has been around since the mid 1990s.
isn鈥檛 that the same with the P320 and Glock? Also the CZ鈥檚? I鈥檓 not trying to debate, just trying to understand the argument. 馃憤馃徑

Registered
I've had many S'fields in 9mm and .45.....XD, XDe, XDm, Mod 2 and have NEVER had an issue with any of them after thousands of rounds. I had the XDm Compact 3.8, but not the Elite. Very good gun. I carry a Sig P365 at work every day because I can hide it easily, but after work or on the weekend it'll be the 4" Mod 2 9mm. 17+1 and 2-16 rd mags on the hip will suffice, I do believe. I've had many Glocks in 19, 26 and 30, 30s and 30sf. Glocks are fine guns, too, but in the "feel" department for me they score quite low and their stock trigger sucks vs the stock S'field trigger. The only compact 9 that steals any carry time from the 4" Mod 2 is my CZ PCR. Hey, some folks will never like S'field, just like some folk will never like Trump. So be it.......
Oh, and the XDe 3.3" .45 that I have is the softest shooting .45 I've ever had. Those would include .45 by Glock, Walther, Para, XD45, Shield and Kimber. Really nice SA trigger on the XDe, too.

Registered
isn鈥檛 that the same with the P320 and Glock? Also the CZ鈥檚? I鈥檓 not trying to debate, just trying to understand the argument. 馃憤馃徑
Sure, the "newest" Glocks like the 43 and 48 arent new guns. Just a different configuration of the same gun. Stuff like the CZ P10, HK VP9, Walther PPQ/PDP, Smith M&P, etc are new guns. Its not so much that something is new or old, its the quality of the design and manufacture thats a problem.

At the end of the day the the HS2000, aka the Springfield XD, is simply a budget Croatian import pistol that was marketed as a new American gun from a manufacturer that Id bet 90% of the customers think is connected to the former US government arsenal that turned our military firearms for generations and had a long, storied, and well-respected history.

If I were buying a cheap import pistol, Id much rather buy something like a Canik TP9, at least its copy of a better base pistol, the Walther P99.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Sure, the "newest" Glocks like the 43 and 48 arent new guns. Just a different configuration of the same gun. Stuff like the CZ P10, HK VP9, Walther PPQ/PDP, Smith M&P, etc are new guns. Its not so much that something is new or old, its the quality of the design and manufacture thats a problem.

At the end of the day the the HS2000, aka the Springfield XD, is simply a budget Croatian import pistol that was marketed as a new American gun from a manufacturer that Id bet 90% of the customers think is connected to the former US government arsenal that turned our military firearms for generations and had a long, storied, and well-respected history.

If I were buying a cheap import pistol, Id much rather buy something like a Canik TP9, at least its copy of a better base pistol, the Walther P99.
Great explanation. Thank you sir. I'm a CZ fan, so I won't be purchasing an XDM. I bought my wife the XDS because I got a good deal on it NIB.

Registered
You can check out the XDTalk forum:

I've never had an issue with any of the XD's I've owned...Yes, some people do. I don't like some of their models. Sold an XDs 3.3" .45...also sold my wife's Glock 43. both too snappy and hard for us to shoot. To each their own. I don't agree with the sentiment they're outdated and unreliable. Untrue in many respects, but again, to each their own. Same username their for me :)

XDTalk Forum

Peace,
Michael J.

Registered
Great explanation. Thank you sir. I'm a CZ fan, so I won't be purchasing an XDM. I bought my wife the XDS because I got a good deal on it NIB.
The CZ P10 series is absolutely phenomenal. Hard to pick another gun if youre looking for that type. Great trigger, great ergonomics, flawless reliability, fair price. Never the wrong answer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The CZ P10 series is absolutely phenomenal. Hard to pick another gun if youre looking for that type. Great trigger, great ergonomics, flawless reliability, fair price. Never the wrong answer.
I have a CZ P07. Great firearm. Yeah, I know the P10 is awesome as well.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts