Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on the White House website immediately after Trump took office.

"One of the fundamental rights of every American is to live in a safe community. A Trump Administration will empower our law enforcement officers to do their jobs and keep our streets free of crime and violence. The Trump Administration will be a law and order administration. President Trump will honor our men and women in uniform and will support their mission of protecting the public. The dangerous anti-police atmosphere in America is wrong. The Trump Administration will end it.
The Trump Administration is committed to reducing violent crime. In 2015, homicides increased by 17% in America’s fifty largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation’s capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. There were thousands of shootings in Chicago last year alone.
Our country needs more law enforcement, more community engagement, and more effective policing.
Our job is not to make life more comfortable for the rioter, the looter, or the violent disrupter. Our job is to make life more comfortable for parents who want their kids to be able to walk the streets safely. Or the senior citizen waiting for a bus. Or the young child walking home from school.
Supporting law enforcement means supporting our citizens’ ability to protect themselves. We will uphold Americans’ Second Amendment rights at every level of our judicial system.
President Trump is committed to building a border wall to stop illegal immigration, to stop the gangs and the violence, and to stop the drugs from pouring into our communities. He is dedicated to enforcing our border laws, ending sanctuary cities, and stemming the tide of lawlessness associated with illegal immigration.
Supporting law enforcement also means deporting illegal aliens with violent criminal records who have remained within our borders.
It is the first duty of government to keep the innocent safe, and President Donald Trump will fight for the safety of every American, and especially those Americans who have not known safe neighborhoods for a very long time."

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
He's really our last chance the way I see it. I pray Americans will support him. This is it, its as good as it gets. He's not perfect (none of us is)but he has most of my Conservative principles, so he has my support 100%. IMO both Bush's were closet Progressives, so Reagan was the last time I was happy with our POTUS. Political Correctness has been my "Litmus Test", Trumps not and that pleases me. He's honest and has guts...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Lots to like in the WH statement.

Consider this snip...

Our job is not to make life more comfortable for the rioter, the looter, or the violent disrupter. Our job is to make life more comfortable for parents who want their kids to be able to walk the streets safely. Or the senior citizen waiting for a bus. Or the young child walking home from school.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
About time. Problems with the laws, has been the lack of enforcement and trying to blame race and law-abiding citizens, for alternative agendas.

NOW, those who were in doubt ...... you feel it's better that it's Trump in office and to appoint the next Supreme Court Justice ? And to have to have e a Supreme Court Justice appointed by Trump hearing all those cases that the Dem's racked up in several States..... ready to take them to the Supreme Court once Hillary appointed someone ..... ??

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Coming from me, I tend to say too much, so everyone will understand this. Everything above this line is beautiful & beautifully said!
Even President Trumps part!
This does need to be a tremendous four years. I agree it could be over if not. JMHO ALSO. Thanks for the great share, RonM0710!

P.S. Eagles, you should re-read and edit...LOL...I think I pieced your point together, though.... Next time share the scotch Brother. :nono:

That was pretty cool, typing out "President Trump" for the first time ever. :usa:

Reactions: 1911srule

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Sadly, in the court of public opinion, the other shoe always drops. We are all hopeful now, myself included, and I think Trump is great. But he is a deal-maker and he has bigger fish to fry that the RTKABA. I think he will support the RTKABA to the extent he can, but I also predict that at some point, he will make a deal we don't like, or fail to make a deal we would have liked, and a lot of gun-folk will turn on him. It's just the way it always goes.

I will not turn on him for minor non-support of the RTKABA. My mantra for the next four years will be, "At least it's not Hillary...At least it's not Hillary..."

·
Registered
323 Posts
only been a couple days.
as done nothing so far. but did hear he went golfing.
yes there was a paper about stopping new reg's on ocrama care.
did he do anything else? i am not in his inner circle, nor on the "memo" list.
waiting to see if he holds true to his word. of just like all the rest of them, lining there pockets with our blood moneys. and pleasing them selves and there croineys.

true i do not believe in him.

but as said. at least it's not hillery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts