Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We could be making History, had to tell someone.

In Highschool I shot for one if not the best rifle team in the US. Robinson Secondary School Rifle Team ? The Official Website for the Robinson Rifle Team
And was the assistant team Captain my senior Year. I then shot in College at the NCAA level and even lettered on the varsity team in college. I've had a burning desire to get back into and start coaching a Highschool team. Well at a neighboring Highschool, in Northen Virginia mind you, looks like we may have successfully started an Air Rifle team, at one of the largest high schools in Fairfax county which happens to a major rival of my old Highschool team, and I've been asked to be an assistant coach.

To date we have had 50 kids sign up with interest shootin on the team. It also appears we are getting 8 Olympic level air rifles donated, around 20 shooting jackets, possibly a very good grant, and have been offered some Anschutz small bore rifles to get started to start a smallbore team as well.

We have a practice schedule starting in November, and are already works to shoot at an NCAA Highschool invitational. The guy running the team shot at Annapolis on the NAVY team, so we are probably going to try and shoot against NAVY at least sometime in the future.

Anyway really kind of excited!

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Be sure to keep us in the loop as this progresses.
We had a rifle range in the basement of the high school (late 60's) for the ROTC. Shot 22's and drilled with functional Garands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts