Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can carry at the state fair of Texas, BUT will I be harassed at the gate for doing so? Who's carried at the fair before? I'm going today, so please let me know asap. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I'm Going to the FAIR in N/FL in about 2 1/2 Hrs ; ) & I'm CCing H/D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Carrying at TX State Fair

Read the long discussion at this link:

TexasCHLforum.com • View topic - A disappointing State Fair episode 10-1-09

The summary is that the State Fair has changed their policy and are now insisting upon recording your CHL information as a condition of entry. Screeners are also not being discreet in announcing that you need to move to the side in order for a police officer to greet you, inspect your license and record your information. :1581:

I know I can carry at the state fair of Texas, BUT will I be harassed at the gate for doing so? Who's carried at the fair before? I'm going today, so please let me know asap. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
State Fair Concealed Carry

I attended Friday... Just notified the gate security staff of my CCL status and that I had a weapon. He asked to see my id and CCL and waved me through. Nothing recorded. All fine.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm going tomorrow, and it's a first date. The girl is cool with hunting and guns, but doesn't know I carry yet. Debating not carrying so I can break the ice about it after things develop a little more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C9H13NO3 U R Lucky....

I started to walk out the door with my G19 strapped into my thunderwear when my wife said, "no, you're not bringing that THING." You see, my wife is a liberal, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-hunting soccer ninny. I am NOT allowed to have any guns. Sometimes, I do head over to my dad's house and pick up one of my former guns (I gave them all away to my Dad). I figure the state fair is in a crappy neighborHOOD so we'll need a little insurance. Crap. Maybe next time, I'll bring my Kel-tec. The Kel-tec is small enough so that she's never spotted it.

Anyways, in protest to her anti-gun policy, I put on a very obvious gun holster but with no gun in it. I put 2 surefire tactical lights in it. They are big and metal. This is my empty holster protest. But, the protest was ineffective as my wife did not see it nor did the people at the gate.

:mad:

You know, I'm probably the only member of the NRA that doesn't own ANY guns. Thank god she did not vote, because she probably would vote for 0bama. Argh....

Here's what I was wearing:

So, C9H13NO3, hold onto that gal because it sounds like she's a keeper!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
drjoker
you have my deepest sympathies :tired:
I could not be in a relationship like that

I've heard loads of stories about people carrying successfully in the state fair. I'm glad to hear they stopped recording names and CHL info. That served absolutely no purpose for the fair or for the LEOs working the fair. I wonder what they did with the info they collected at the previous fairs.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I started to walk out the door with my G19 strapped into my thunderwear when my wife said, "no, you're not bringing that THING." You see, my wife is a liberal, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-hunting soccer ninny. I am NOT allowed to have any guns.
There are so many comments I could make about this, but I'll pass on most of them, just say that my wife and I have been married for 43 years, but if she made that statement about ANYTHING, she would be finding herself unmarried very quickly.

Did you leave body parts laying at the altar as part of your wedding vows? :rofl:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I grew up South East (Pleasant Grove) of the fair grounds and my track meets were there at the grounds. Suffice to say I will not go to the fair unless I am packing.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You see, my wife is a liberal, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-hunting soccer ninny. I am NOT allowed to have any guns.
Wow, just wow. :hand1:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I grew up South East (Pleasant Grove) of the fair grounds and my track meets were there at the grounds. Suffice to say I will not go to the fair unless I am packing.
I ran a large community recreation center in the Cedar Crest area of South Oak Cliff for three years in the late 70s. Wasn't a particularly safe area even then. We had DPD officers at all the football games played on our field.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts