Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
it's not all about State Nullification . Article 18 and the Gun Control Act, and regulating "guns" by the Fedl Govt... is argued it is because of the "commerce clause" that the Fedl Govt can make laws that effect interstate commerce. That is clearly stated in both laws, that "interstate commerce" is what they argued gives the Fedl Govt authority to control guns.

Many of the laws directed towards guns made and kept within a state , and never leave that state, are based upon that the Fedl Govt would then NOT be able to argue it was involved in any interstate commerce..... therefore, the Fedl Govt would have no powers to regulate it per the constitution.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Nullification of clearly unconstitutional laws is not as cut and dry as some statists around here try to suggest. If the federal government has no constitutional authority to do something, and we have to trust federal courts to "referee" them, and they surprise no one by failing to do so, then the state actions are not so illegitimate. As far as I'm concerned, those who attack this line of thought by trying to dismiss those who hold it as irresponsible or naive are part of the problem. The states are supposed to keep the federal government in check, and when we passed the disastrous 17th Amendment we invited problems like this.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nullification of clearly unconstitutional laws is not as cut and dry as some statists around here try to suggest. If the federal government has no constitutional authority to do something, and we have to trust federal courts to "referee" them, and they surprise no one by failing to do so, then the state actions are not so illegitimate. As far as I'm concerned, those who attack this line of thought by trying to dismiss those who hold it as irresponsible or naive are part of the problem. The states are supposed to keep the federal government in check, and when we passed the disastrous 17th Amendment we invited problems like this.
But, pass it we did...

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts