Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added them all up, and they contain fully one-third of the population of the entire nation. That is a lot of infringement.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Interesting.....Look at the last election map. You'll see mostly red, with all of the populated areas blue. The Dems knew where to get the votes and they got them. If your stats are accurate, it looks like the same may be true for gun control.

·
Premium Member
37,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting.....Look at the last election map. You'll see mostly red, with all of the populated areas blue. The Dems knew where to get the votes and they got them. If your stats are accurate, it looks like the same may be true for gun control.
Every state which does not recognize my right to bear arms within its borders is blue, to be sure. Even at that, several contain more red counties than blue:
2012 Election Results Map by State - Live Voting Updates - POLITICO.com

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
What a coincidence, five states I'll never visit.:hand1:

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Interesting. My county is blue, but it was close. Thank God our sheriff still values our right to KBA

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
My state is red (TX), my county is blue (Dallas)...doesn't really matter gun law wise since municipalities can't make their own laws, only the state can. I couldn't care much less about local politics, I didn't even bother to vote in the city council election last weekend...Roger Staubach's daughter is now my council representative. Unfortunately, of the 4 states I frequently travel to, I can't carry in any of them except FL (MD, CA, and NYC being the others). I don't feel a need to carry where I go in NYC, but it would be nice.

Our state is gradually turning blue, largely to the GOP having a complete lack of ability to make inroads into the Hispanic population and the democrats pandering to them about immigration reform. San Antonio's mayor is a mini Obama, but luckily SA doesn't reflect the state overall and much like El Paso, we only claim it when we have to (and yes, the Alamo is that small)...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Our state is gradually turning blue, largely to the GOP having a complete lack of ability to make inroads into the Hispanic population and the democrats pandering to them about immigration reform. San Antonio's mayor is a mini Obama, but luckily SA doesn't reflect the state overall and much like El Paso, we only claim it when we have to (and yes, the Alamo is that small)...
That is precisely why I think the Democrats are pushing so hard for amnesty. Texas has 38 electoral votes...14% of the needed 270 to elect the President. That is presuming the new citizens will vote for free stuff (Democrat). Throw in California's 55 votes and you are 34% of the way to electing a President by winning just two states. Scary stuff man.

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
:mad:
...and I'm a few weeks from PCSing to California...

They are called "orders", not "invitations"

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i hate how the stupid electoral college bull works. what ever happened to good old fashion majority wins?

and OP yeah it is alot of infringement. the place im closest to that has anything for shopping or movies or whatever is in Maryland even though i live in PA, but i will make the longer trip to stay in PA so i can CC.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
My state is red (TX), my county is blue (Dallas)...doesn't really matter gun law wise since municipalities can't make their own laws, only the state can. I couldn't care much less about local politics, I didn't even bother to vote in the city council election last weekend...Roger Staubach's daughter is now my council representative. Unfortunately, of the 4 states I frequently travel to, I can't carry in any of them except FL (MD, CA, and NYC being the others). I don't feel a need to carry where I go in NYC, but it would be nice.

Re- first part in bold: The usual comment, if you don't vote don't complain.

Re- second part in bold: There are many reasons the state is going to turn blue beyond the ethnic politics. We don't do politics
here so all I'll say on this is that the legislature has turned on the governor on a variety of key issues. The fight over the control of the Regents and President @ UT is the tip of an iceberg of problems this state faces.

·
Premium Member
37,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i hate how the stupid electoral college bull works. what ever happened to good old fashion majority wins?

and OP yeah it is alot of infringement. the place im closest to that has anything for shopping or movies or whatever is in Maryland even though i live in PA, but i will make the longer trip to stay in PA so i can CC.
In states with 10-12% gun ownership rates and extremely restrictive gun laws, the good old-fashioned majority did win.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
The only state that I can not carry in that I want to carry in is S.C. I would love to visit SC, but I don't.

·
Premium Member
37,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only state that I can not carry in that I want to carry in is S.C. I would love to visit SC, but I don't.
Often, the reciprocity issue is between individual states. I can carry in SC on my Ohio permit because the two states have essentially the same licensing requirements. Mississippi, with more lax requirements, is not recognized by either one.

·
Registered
7,585 Posts

Have you read the Constitution?

A majority means mob rule.

·
Registered
289 Posts

With regard to Presidential elections, there has never been "good old fashion (sic) majority wins." The Electoral college was set up to provide a buffer between the teeming masses and the Presidential election process. To be frank, it gives those of us in red state areas more say in the election of the President. Simple majority would have meant Al Gore in 2000. Can you imagine the horror of that?

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Problem is in those states the public keeps voting the same people in time after time. They need to find the correct thinking people to run for office or vote in term limits, to get rid of the so called do gooders.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Problem is in those states the public keeps voting the same people in time after time. They need to find the correct thinking people to run for office or vote in term limits, to get rid of the so called do gooders.
The problem with term limits is you are constantly getting freshman office holders. They don't have experience so they depend on the staffers to show them the ropes. The staffers are faceless and unaccountable to the public. We do have a system of term limits it's called elections but with the current gerrymandering it's not as effective as it once was.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts