Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It had to come to this. BLM activist Shaun King has said that all statues, paintings and stained glass depictions of Jesus that depict Him as a white man are racist and should be torn down. I would guess that is most of the depictions of Jesus in the world. King claims to be an ordained Christian minister.

King is a tragically interesting, but unfortunately influential, character. His birth certificate says both his parents are white, but he has always identified as bi-racial. He says his mother told him that his real father was a light skinned black man she had an affair with. He claims that he is the victim of racist slander over his ethnicity and compares himself to Barack Obama on that issue.

King went to a traditionally all black college on an Oprah Winfrey scholarship. He worked for the Sanders campaign in 2016. He is now a big deal in BLM. FWIW, he has been an outspoken critic of the Democratic Party, pointing our correctly that the cities with the worst police brutality records are run by Democrats. I will give him that.

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts
Ye shall be known by your fruit. Christ cursed the barren fig tree. It died.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
570 Posts
King is complaining about white supremacy - not white privelege. In essence he is affirming that such a condition actually does exist ( a position long ago put forward by the KKK and its adherents ). Perhaps someone should explain the difference to him before he sounds off in public again. What a dumba$$!

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am also wondering how BLM plans to accomplish this goal. So far, it's been public statues and icons that have been torn down and/or removed. I assume the vast majority of statues and icons of Jesus are in churches. Are they planning to break into churches and tear these things down? Are the going to protest in front of churches until they take these representations down?

My cynical side says maybe they should just apply this to all the statues. That should solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Funny, I don't recall a Shaun King in my Bible - just Jesus Christ. I think I'll continue to follow His teachings. I hope this Shaun King discovers he's on the wrong side of eternity before he begins it.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Traditional African Americans are a very religious people.
The Black churches down here are thriving, Heck they attend non black churches at a pleasant rate.
Not sure they will look kindly with BLM and ANTIFA coming into churches to destroy statues, paintings and windows.
That would be a very stupid move on their part. But I have not seen much intelligence coming out of those groups lately.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Traditional African Americans are a very religious people.
The Black churches down here are thriving, Heck they attend non black churches at a pleasant rate.
Not sure they will look kindly with BLM and ANTIFA coming into churches to destroy statues, paintings and windows.
That would be a very stupid move on their part. But I have not seen much intelligence coming out of those groups lately.
I think the first attack on a church over this is going to take this situation to a new level.

·
Registered
570 Posts
My cynical side says maybe they should just apply this to all the statues. That should solve the problem.

View attachment 332375
My impression is that it does apply to all statues and they are just discovering them as they go.

Just noticed your attachment. LOL. Send a case to Mr. King.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
I did not know him before the comment and really don't need to know him any further . I will just say lots of people want to shock the conservative folks , he will get his freedom of speech but that is all he will get from me . If he acts on such things then I say he should pay a price

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Jesus wasn't a white European looking man but he wasn't a black man from Africa either. He was Jewish and looked like most Israelis look today.

Shaun KIng and his merry band of misfits is just trying to cause as much discord, discontent and mayhem as he possibly can. Someone will put a stop to it soon enough.

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts
Jesus wasn't a white European looking man but he wasn't a black man from Africa either. He was Jewish and looked like most Israelis look today.

Shaun KIng and his merry band of misfits is just trying to cause as much discord, discontent and mayhem as he possibly can. Someone will put a stop to it soon enough.
Cut off the head and the rest don’t rattle long.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Mona Lisa....What the heck is she always smirking about!?! Sneaky Thing -
She needs to GO! :mad:
I'll take her and everything she represents.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Jesus wasn't white. I'd like these people of questionable intelligence how its a privilege to be a servant of all.

Moses was condemned because he married an Ethiopian, a black woman. God condemned those men and backed Moses. Jesus praised Moses.

Jesus praises "the Queen of the South" who is reported to also be Ethiopian, black.

So, where does privilege come into play?

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
History dear friends. History, how soon it is forgotten.

Rome tried it's best to erase Him and His followers. In 270 years the empire officially turned to Him and the emperor became one of His followers.

The Soviets tried to banish Him. They struggled in vain to suppress Him and His followers. The first private assemblies in the former USSR, after the collapse, were...His followers.

The Chinese Communists attempted to erase Him. China now has the world's largest population of Christians. When China collapses, His followers will still be there.

Everywhere it has been tried, it is more like throwing gasoline on the fire. Stomp away BLM.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts