Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Guns are more availible , ammo on the other hand is a bit tougher only with slight improvements . I can verify in Maryland

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
I'll second the gentleman from MD.

Guns, no problem, ammo, depends on which LGS you hit. Bass Pro still a no go.

Still buying mine on line.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I was happy when I found a bunch of 12 gauge buckshot at our Bass Pro here in MD. I've given up on brick and mortar stores here for ammo, I just get it on the internet. It's not getting better here for a while I predict, since the worthless losers in charge here saw fit to pass a pistol permit law and AWB that take effect on October 1. The actual guns are showing up though, but I suspect as October approaches they will start to vanish again, unless you want a Marlin .30-30 or something.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Yeah here in the Tidewater / Hampton Roads area of Virginia, firearms are available, but ammo is scarce and the ones that do have it in stock are commanding a premium like $30 for a box of 50 for FMJ 9mm ammo !!! God Bless :smile:

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am finding pretty much any gun that was available pre-silliness and prices are almost back to what they were then. Maybe 50 bucks higher still I would say for guns, and ammo is better. Still just not there. Especially the magical .22lr.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I am still buying 9mm at Walmart locally here. It doesn't sit on the shelf, but last time I was there at the "right time" they had 40 boxes to sell. Still a 3 box limit per customer, but they are 100 count boxes. Throughout the crisis they never changed their prices at all. Still 20-22 cents/round the whole time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah I saw an interview with the head of Hornady the other day and he stated they never raised their prices a cent. Any ammo cost increases came from the stores selling it. He also said they are now going on the assumption this is the new normal as far as ammo demand is and they will stop manufacturing some of the less popular calibers and use that space to catch up on the more popular calibers and they are looking into buying more land to expand to increase production.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Both guns and ammo are more available in CO. My range was limiting ammo (all calibers) to members only, one box per member and it had to be used at the range, no stocking up. This was back in Feb, March and April when supplies were at their worst. Their gun case was also totally bare. Now their shelves are full again and, for the most part, have not been limiting ammo purchases. Things are still not back to the way they were last summer but they have gotten considerably better.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
That Gander Mountain pic looks like less popular rifle ammo. Most places have it. And isn't Gander Mountain the most expensive store out there?

·
Registered
350 Posts
And isn't Gander Mountain the most expensive store out there?
GM is usually higher on most guns and ammo, compared to most shops around Roanoke, VA.

I was surprised to see 5.7x28 (American Eagle) in stock AND priced at $24.99/box of 50 rounds. That is the lowest price I've seen on 5.7x28 in a year.

Most handgun ammo is still fairly scarce around here, but I was working in Eastern TN last week and the stores I checked had more ammo on the shelves than I've seen in a while.

As far as firearms, most everything is available except for the new FN FiveseveN MK2; I have yet to see one in a store.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Both guns and ammo are more available in CO. My range was limiting ammo (all calibers) to members only, one box per member and it had to be used at the range, no stocking up. This was back in Feb, March and April when supplies were at their worst. Their gun case was also totally bare. Now their shelves are full again and, for the most part, have not been limiting ammo purchases. Things are still not back to the way they were last summer but they have gotten considerably better.
Depending on where you live, you should check out BluCore shooting range. I picked up a 1000rd case of 9mm for $300 there.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Guns have been back on the shelves for a while. Ammo is still scarce, at least around here.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I'm spending a couple of months in Boise ID.
The local Wally World has a dozen Colt M3 magpul package (6920) for 1170$ a piece...a decent price.
The local gun shops and big retail stores (and there are a lot of them here in Boise)...seeem to be well-stocked when it comes to firearms (both pistols and long guns).
But ammo is a different story. The nearest WM had a few boxes of brass-cased .556...for 8$ a box...but no handgun ammo to speak of.
Another WM had a couple of cases (1K) of .556 for 400$ and change...but again, no handgun ammo.
The local gun shops and big retail stores had...either no ammo...or outrageous prices on what they had.
So at least out here... ammo is still in short supply.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Firearms, yes, ammo is hit or miss. I finally found Federal 38 Special about a month ago. I purchased 5 boxes at a steep price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I actually managed to get a few boxes of hornaday critical defense the other day at Cabelas. Its the first time I have seen any defensive rounds of 40 in the last 3 months.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Middle TN. Locally, the local walmart has FIVE different models of AR15s in stock. 3 different models of colts, 1 diamond back, and some other thing...maybe a windham.

Ammo at same store: Other than hunting rounds, virtually nonexistent on any given day. Today, NONE.

Last week at that store I did find, and buy, two 1,000 round boxes of M-22 .22Lr ammo. First bulk boxes I have seen in 6 months.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I haven't been able to find 9mm ammo since the Sandy Hook shooting at reasonable prices. I refuse to pay inflated prices so I will continue to wait until supply catches up. I can't believe it's taking this long.

The past two trips to Wal-Mart have resulted in a few boxes of .40S&W but I need 9mm and .380

1 - 20 of 38 Posts