Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a gunshow yesterday and picked up a box of 40 cal. ammo,when I got home opened the box and it was silver steel casings,my question is..will these harm my auto XD40SC?
Thank You

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Some say steel cases will cause increased wear on the extractor, but that is a highly debatable point. If true, it would take many 1000s of steel cased rounds to wear out the extractor in a quality firearm. The steel used in the cases is much softer than the steel used in your handgun. One box will certainly not cause any problems.

I occasionally shoot the stuff in my Glock and my SIG with no worries. The only reason I don’t shoot it more, is it tends to not be as accurate.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
I've used steel cased Wolf 9mm ammo without any problems, except for the ammo being a bit dirty. I individually cleaned each bullet...that solved the problem.:blink:

·
Registered
261 Posts
used to be some maufactures would not warranty the weapon if you used steel cased ammo (I have a bushmaster like that, but the warrenty is long over!) So most steel cassed ammo is Laquer coated now to keep the wear to a min......extractors and breaches mostly........ you should be fine...... a few boxes now and then are ok..... just don't think I would use it as my ONLY ammo......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts