Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beth got her Bersa on her birthday back in February - my present to her.

Since then I have put her thru what was essentially the NRA Basic Pistol and most of Personal Protection, all rolled into one. In fact she had shot before plenty of times but never had her own piece. She is red hot on safety which in particular I find most reassuring.

I now felt she was ready and as she had decided to risk life and limb on the back of my bike - going to collect her degree from college - I said hey - why don't we swing by the SO on way home. Within 30 mins we were on our way again, $26 for five years - done deal.

Now to get her more range time when we can but - another member joins our ranks.

For those who never saw her on the CCW mag' cover last year - here it is again :smilez: She is sporting my lil' R9 set up as cross draw. If QK can post glamor, so can I :wink:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
great and congrats

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bud - SIG's are safe! They are too large for her to be comfortable with.

Could be tho down the line she might find the SW99 useful - she gets on with that quite well :wink:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Chris, congratulations on adding another to our ranks. Is she going to keep carrying the Bersa?

I have convinced my wife to move up to 9mm. On our anniversary (6/3) she bought a Kel-Tec P11. Right weight and size for her. She did not get to fire it first. We live in a very rural area and it is about 50 miles to any range and closer to 100 to one that has pistols to rent. The first time she fired the Kel-Tec I could tell she was disturbed about something. When I fired it I knew what it was. The trigger on it is awful. Actually that is not a strong enough word. After about 20 rounds she simply said, "Sell it or take it to the gunshow on the 17th and trade if for something I can use." Unusual for her.

She wants a SA/DA semi-auto in 9mm that is about the same size and weight as her Bersa .380. And amazingly after lots of research I found 2. The CZ 2075 RAMI P (with polymer frame) is the same length, .05" less in height, .1" less in width, weighs 1/2 oz. more empty, and comes with a 10 rd and a 14 rd mag. This is her first choice. The Bersa Thunder 9 is .1" shorter, .25" less in height, .1" wider, and weighs 1 oz. more empty. It comes with a 10 rd mag. So tomorrow I go to a gun show with the mission of becoming the proud owner of a CZ 2075 RAMI P in 9mm.

If I find one we will test it Sunday afternoon so when your step daughter wants something with a little more power your research will have already been done. I hear nothing but good things about the CZ RAMI. I have done more reading about it than I did the Kel-Tec. I found bunches of complaints about the Kel-Tec trigger after she bought it and instructed me to part with it.
:tired:

·
Super Moderator
23,593 Posts
Congratulations! Excellent! I'd love for my CO based daughter to do so, as well as Boston based son & daughter-in-law (fat chance in MA), but Kudos to Chris!!! BTW - She's much nicer looking - and I can tell she doiesn't wear socks and ..........:smile:

Congrats on the new Degree, too!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and I can tell she doesn't wear socks and ..........
Haha - correct Richard - pretty things like that do NOT emulate ugly old pharts :18:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh George - sorry just saw you'd posted too. Yes the Rami is a gun I have taken more than a single look at - not for me as I like large but yes - just maybe suitable for Beth.

As I mentioned tho I think my SW99 compact seems to fit her well but for now she is more at ease with the smaller cal - and shooting it pretty well too - so probably best stay with Bersa a while yet. I think she will keep that anyways even with a change - it may well just suit for a purse BUG or general spare.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Leah will not give up her Bersa. I know she will find something to do with it. We ordered her a Coronado Leather purse last week and it came in Tuesday. She is now carrying when ever the purse is with her. She is trying to make it a habit to pick it up anytime she leaves her office. I imagine the Bersa will continue to be worn in a paddle holster around the house and yard.

I am also looking for a Beretta Bobcat for her to keep on her person. It has several features that work for her. The ability to load without having to rack the slide is one. She does not want a DAO so that eliminates everything else. She also likes the decocker and safety. The Beretta will probably have to wait until August. I am hoping that Beretta will be selling the guns that we shoot at Range Day for a good used gun price. I suspect that I will be in the market for the Cx4.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Nice, glad she is armed with a degree and a gun.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Tell her congratulations on both the degree and the permit and then invite her to become a member here.... :wink:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Nice to know she will be well protected
Mike

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Congratulations Beth :banana:

Look like she may have designs on your R9, Chris :gah:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha - no risk for the R9 Rick - she finds that lil' sucker bites too hard!!!

invite her to become a member here....
I'd love her to join but - ya know - 21 and those things called boys etc - just can't see her gettin' too much puter time these days! :wink:

She is tho a real treasure I'll tell ya that - even tho I am but a step dad.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Well, congratulations to her on both the degree and permit. Wish I could get my wife interested in shooting and self defense as well ... something about redheads with firearms - hubba hubba! Wait, she knows where I sleep. :eek:
Jack

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
My daughter is dammed near her twin ( except blonder hair ) LOL and she loves her firestar 9mm and my kel-tech p3at tho i havnt let her shoot my pm9 ( i kinda feel like i can sacrofise the p3at if she decides she really really wants it but she isnt just taking over my pm9 ) .

IMHO the great thing is to see young ladies who are interested in the commitment to personal safety instead of ipods and sh**heads LOL

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Congratulations to Beth on her degree and carry permit. Two awsome pieces of paper.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Congrats to her. :congrats:

Sort of expected it though, after all she was one of OUR cover girls! :image035:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
P95Carry said:
Bud - SIG's are safe! They are too large for her to be comfortable with.

Could be tho down the line she might find the SW99 useful - she gets on with that quite well :wink:
Have you had her try a 239? The flat front strap makes the trigger reach feel a bit short to me but that coupled with the single stack config. might be just about perfect for her - and since it's a Sig, I know you'd be proud of her! :yup:
Jack

1 - 20 of 33 Posts