Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One box of 50 rounds, Remington .41 Magnum 210gr jsp, hold your heart...$62.99:blink:. Saw several boxes at local pawnshop. Midway is selling for $58.99 (before shipping). I may have to pass on the Marlin Lever gun at my favorite dealer. :mad:

·
Registered
5,338 Posts

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I reload 44 magnum for about 3.00 50 rounds

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yeah, for $62.99 a box, you could just about buy a Lee 50th Anniversary Kit, which will include just about everything needed to get started handloading except components and dies.

Here is the kit:

Lee Challenger Breech Lock Single Stage Press Anniversary Kit - MidwayUSA

Dies:

Lee Carbide 3-Die Set 41 Remington Magnum - MidwayUSA

Manual:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=484416

A great source for cast bullets:

Missouri Bullet Company

A source for powder and primers:

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

And brass, if you don't have any and want new:

Starline Brass - Maker of America's Finest Handgun Brass

Overall, including the kit and enough components to load 2000 rounds (including buying 500 pieces of new brass) should run you about $400 to $450. I know that sounds like a lot more than $63 for a box of ammunition, but its actually less than 6 1/2 boxes (~320 rounds) worth of factory ammunition. Once the initial investment is made in tools and brass, you are looking a loading for only the cost of the primer, powder, and bullet, or about $.12-.13 per shot. Factory ammunition is $1.26 per shot at that price.

And, depending on where you are in NC, I might be able to help out with the learning curve.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all you nice people! I have reloaded in the past, but sold or gave away most of my equipment. I will start buying components and what not to start loading again. Appreciate all the input. John

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
+1 on the reloading, but...a 12 pack?

Oh great! Drunk reloading, that sounds safe! :gah:
I didn't say you have to drink the 12 pack while you were reloading. See what happens when you assume. :nono:

·
Registered
236 Posts
You need to price out some Corbon DPX...it will make you feel better about that box of 50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts