Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife bought me a Sticky MD4 holster for compact guns of 3.5 inches (Ruger SR40C). I wore it the first day in Jeans and a standard belt no problem. Second day I had worn it all day long in Drawstring Shorts just around house and took it shopping to supermarket....NO PROBLEM. Third day went to Home Depot bought 12 bags of mulch loaded it in cart, loaded it in car.... NO PROBLEM. Sitting in the house.. door bell rings (UPS) Gun and holster just fall through pants?. Put my regular 3 Speed Holster back on. I will try again tomorrow with the Sticky Holster. For those who use Sticky Or Remora have you had a similar problem with wearing it in Jogging or B-Ball shorts?

Reactions: OldChap and CG11

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Nope, no issues.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
no problem with my desantis nemesis. but i also have a smaller gun.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Think it might have shifted a little in my waistband. i find it od i was doing heavy lifting at Home depot, nothing happened . running to answer the UPS guy, it falls down. Will resume tomorrow. I guess i have to check for adjustment from time to time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
This is actually one of the things I can't wrap my head around with this style of holster. Once I lost my gun out of the holster in the couch, years ago and it was a cheapie sack of a holster(before I knew better). That wasn't a big deal, I was at my brother's house, he knows I carry etc. But it reinforced the fact that I won't ever be that guy that looses his gun in a theater or similar situations so I'm all for what works for each person, but I think I'd stick with something that is attached to the body with more than friction.

Take care!

Luke

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Id never trust a loaded firearm in a holster to stay in my waistband without some sort of clip over my belt or some sort of retention to keep the holster in my pants with a manual grab of some sort.

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Years before we had retention holsters I was rolling around an ally for 10 minutes fighting a car thief who we found out later was on PCP and Heroin. My gun fell out, my radio fell out, I did not drop my BUG ( Walther PPK) or my wallet. I kinda like active retention.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Drawstring Shorts ... Gun and holster just fall through pants?.
Yes, sometimes.

The SR40c is almost 7" long, and the holster (while sticky) isn't designed to grab onto a belt. So, it's relying on the pressures of the cloth against your skin, besides the sticky nature of the material. But it's important to realize that when you've got enough room and little enough friction on whatever "pants" (billowy cloth shaped like pants, as many "drawstring" type things are) you're all too likely to not have enough "stick" to keep it in place. Goes with the territory, sadly, with a holster that's (a) not in a pocket and (b) not designed to hold onto the belt. Nature of the beast.

·
Registered
957 Posts
[misfire]

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Drawstring shorts aren't going to hold up a SR40c, it's just physics. I heated up my Remora, formed it around my 442, and cooled it. It isn't hand boned leather, but it aids in retention and holstering. It works with cargo shorts, jeans, khakis, and even my wife's workout tights (on her, not me :redface: ). Pistol mass still needs a little frictional force to counter gravity.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am a big fan of 3Speed Holster That one really lives up to my drawstring B-Ball shorts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Drawstring shorts aren't going to hold up a SR40c, it's just physics. I heated up my Remora, formed it around my 442, and cooled it. It isn't hand boned leather, but it aids in retention and holstering. It works with cargo shorts, jeans, khakis, and even my wife's workout tights (on her, not me :redface: ). Pistol mass still needs a little frictional force to counter gravity.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^agreed....have had 3 sticky holsters for over 8 months for 3 weapons....Glock 26, LCP and LC9. Never had any problems with any of these....however, they do require a "normal" amount of tension from a belt or pants band to remain absolutely stable and in place. ...Loose fitting shorts, pants, pajamas, etc...etc...may allow some movement...Sticky and Remora are designed for proper wearing tension....sounds as if you may be using it in a manner for which it is not designed......

·
Registered
509 Posts
Never had a problem with any of my Remora's.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Love my Remoras but they do require some compression, probably more than a drawstring can provide

·
Registered
712 Posts
Do you think that maybe you are expecting too much out of the holster? I mean, expecting a draw string to keep a pound and a half gun in place can happen, but not easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put a lc9s in the sticky Holster, went to draw and the barrel release caught on the sewing flap, I tried to pull my weapon it caught, wouldn't release, the bad guy shoot me dead. Epic holster fail!!!!

·
Premium Member
34,335 Posts
I put a lc9s in the sticky Holster, went to draw and the barrel release caught on the sewing flap, I tried to pull my weapon it caught, wouldn't release, the bad guy shoot me dead. Epic holster fail!!!!
Interesting first post.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts