Registered
63 Posts
That is why I carry a SA/DA revolver.

Reactions: Mark40

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dont? Did you read the article?

A person who carries a pistol with an empty chamber is telling the world that they don't know what they are doing. I hope that those folks will get serious about their personal defense, get some professional training, and carry whatever defensive handgun they have confidence in. Whatever gun they choose, it should be ready to go when the attack comes.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dont? Did you read the article?

A person who carries a pistol with an empty chamber is telling the world that they don't know what they are doing. I hope that those folks will get serious about their personal defense, get some professional training, and carry whatever defensive handgun they have confidence in. Whatever gun they choose, it should be ready to go when the attack comes.
Sorry that was suppose to say don't do it. I'll fix it!

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Reactions: blackhawkfann24

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Never gave carrying an empty chamber a second thought. Well I did once when I had a single action .45 Long Colt revolver that belonged to my great granddad. My brother stole it from me while I was in the Navy. (Never forgave him for that). That was when one carried 5 rounds with the firing pin over an empty chamber. It was considered wise at the time. Now, carry a semi-auto empty chambered? No way Hozay!

·
Registered
423 Posts
People will carry how they are comfortable at first. I have been around firearms since I was very little. I'm 41 now, and will probably carry unchambered until I get used to carrying. I know my weapon, and I know the protocols. But carrying a ready-to-fire handgun is different than a shotgun or .22 rifle. IMO, of course.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
People will carry how they are comfortable at first. I have been around firearms since I was very little. I'm 41 now, and will probably carry unchambered until I get used to carrying. I know my weapon, and I know the protocols. But carrying a ready-to-fire handgun is different than a shotgun or .22 rifle. IMO, of course.
Accually, there really isn't any difference beside the size of them. But I carried unchambered for about a month when I started just to get use to it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I figure in a true SD situation my brain will have enough to process so why add one more thing of having to chamber a round. Always keep my Shield 40 chambered, no safety. I only want to have to think about getting it drawn, on target and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Accually, there really isn't any difference beside the size of them. But I carried unchambered for about a month when I started just to get use to it.
Which is exactly where I am. I am completely comfortable with myself in safely handling most firearms. But I have never carried a loaded handgun on my person. It will take some time.

·
Registered
887 Posts
First day I carryed with round chambered I expected to hear a big bang and just hoped the round wouldn't hit my leg. At the end of the day when none of that happened, I said to myself "Hey, those guys on Defensive Carry Forum are right, this gun won't go off without pulling the trigger " :smile:

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Which is exactly where I am. I am completely comfortable with myself in safely handling most firearms. But I have never carried a loaded handgun on my person. It will take some time.
I understand feeling weird about carrying a concealed handgun in public. However, you'll get most comfortable with it by just doing it. You have it holstered. It wont go off.

Reactions: blackhawkfann24

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Take as much time as you need. But just know when your ready it feel no different

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Its a matter of opinion and choice based on experience level. Nobody should be telling another how to carry. Unless its Ayoob or Cooper I don't give much weight to others opinions, just saying...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts