Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting to get my final NY permit, but have been doing some intense looking. Well today I think the looking is over, I put $ down on a S&W model# 4013 .40 cal with two eight round mags for under $400. It felt very nice in my left hand, and the weight and caliber, and size are what I was looking for. I hope I made a wise choice.

View attachment 2220

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I really like those older 4013's (I'm not a fan of the next generation of the 4013's...with the double-column mags). I think you made a great choice....sorta like a 3913 9mm on steroids.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Price seems pretty fair and tho not a Smith semi afficionado - that does seem like a pretty fair choice being the single stacker.

Do give feedback on performance etc later.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think you made a fine choice. That's a nice looking little rig you got yourself there. I certainly wouldn't mind picking one up sometime. Sharp looking little gun.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Looks like a nice pistol. I just bought a new carry pistol last month and the S & W 3913 was on my short list along with the Sig P239. I finally bought the Sig, but the Smiths are fine pieces of equipment. I also have a Model 439 from 1983 that is a terrific shooter, just a little to big for me to carry.

Hang in there, hopefully your permit will arrive soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts