Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cont comment ont he Cougar but my wife and I love our UC9. No problems and it breaks down easy, easy to shoot, conceals well (better if you get regular mag floorplates) and it fits the hand like a glove. JMHO

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't comment on the bersa but I own a Stoeger Cougar in 9. It is an excellent firearm. Eats everything and I have never had a single problem with it. I have more confidence in that one gun then other gun I own. Probably because I have put more rounds down that pipe of that gun than the others I own without the first hint of a jam or problem. It is very easy to take down and clean although it is a bit different on the inside then you are probably used to but it is still a breeze. The action on this gun is super smooth.

While a great firearm there are a few things to note. It is big. If you plan to conceal it I hope you don't have my body type or dress like me. The handle is very thick which is fine for a big handed dude like myself but might not be for others.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have been looking for a Cougar myself, no doubt I would choose it over the Bersa in a heartbeat. Where did you find the Cougar and how much are they?
Thanks
NCH

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered mine from my LGS and think I paid like 390? It really is a great shooting gun. You won't be disappointed. Mine runs like a raped ape and its smooth as butter. VERY well made gun. I honestly would put it up against any other gun in its class. For the price I am pretty sure you can't beat it.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Stoeger Cougar Handgun

After looking up the Cougar can you put the it against the Bersa fairly? The two differant sized guns arent in the same class.
I agree with you on this one, they are not in the same size, class, etc.

I highly recommend the Beretta Cougar.... quality, shooting, etc. I have had one for about 14 yrs. and it still looks new and is flawless. I don't know about the Bersa, but by the looks... you might want both.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think that these, indeed, are two different firearms from two different classes. While I enjoy the idea of the "larger" Cougar, the Bersa is an excellent carry gun for the money.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Wow, hard choice. Both are way better pistols than you would expect for the price. Pick the one that fits your hand the best. Either is a 'best' choice!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. I was looking at them as being the same class of gun. And they are not. Saw the cougar at Academy for $399.00 and the Bersa for $329.00 to $349.00 at online stores. Haven't been able to hold a Bersa yet but will make my decision after doing that.

Thanks again and if anyone wants to comment any more please do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a Stoeger Cougar in 9mm and I just love it. No failures of any kind with any ammo I've tried. It fits well in my hand and is very comfortable to shoot with low recoil.

I got a flyer from a Cabelas near me in which there was a bi-tone Cougar listed. Looks like it may be a Cabelas exclusive model, as I haven't seen it anywhere else. Very sharp looking! I found the flyer online at here. Go to page 12 to see the bi-tone cougar.

BobbaLouie

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
To bad they don't have a store in NC!!! I would really like to score one of these.

NCH

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The Stoeger Cougar is an EXCELLENT pistol for the money. Buddy carries one and it's a shooting machine. I'd go with it.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
IMO, hands down it's the Stoeger Cougar in 9m. :hand10:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts