Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a Stoeger Cougar? How do you like it. My local Bass Pro has one in 45ACP for $449 and it seems like a good buy.

Owners: have you found any suitable holsters for models with the accessory rail? I doubt holsters made for the Beretta Cougar without the rail would fit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I absolutely love my .40 cougar! I carry it owb in a galco concealable holster with no problems. Don't know of any holsters that will fit the .45 cougar with the rail but I'm sure they are out there. Excellent firearm!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have the 9mm. Great value. Mine has to be kept CLEAN and wet, or will malfunction. Not a problem as long as I don't let it get too dirty. It's one of those guns that I want to like, but I've just never warmed up to it, and I cannot really say why, but that's just my own personal taste. I just prefer to shoot my Colt 1911's and Ruger Single Actions. I use mine for a ready house gun.

A 1911 it's not, but if you want a really good pistol, at a very reasonable price, I don't think you can go wrong--just keep it clean and lubed well.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
I have the 40 S&W Cougar in the Beretta AND the Stoeger versions (I like them so much) No appreciable difference except for price. Fantastic weapons and even more so when I carry one in a Sparks VM-II. I have mepro tritium night sights on them. Accurate, easy to keep clean, light weight to carry considering 12 rds of 180 grain GDHP. And unlike the ^^^^^ poster, mine runs well dirty. As a matter of fact, I have run the Beretta for 500 rounds without cleaning in one day and never a hiccup the whole time.

A couple of years ago CDNN was selling 11 rd mags for $15........I have a bunch of them.

You got a good price on the 45 version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts