Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I have received a couple of the NRA free gifts for upping my membership and I find that most if not all are rather inexpensive made in China knives-but I don't reup for the freebies.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have received a couple of the NRA free gifts for upping my membership and I find that most if not all are rather inexpensive made in China knives-but I don't reup for the freebies.
X 2^^^^

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'm sure it will hold up fine and keep a razor sharp edge for all of 2-3 cuts through some paper with that 420 steel.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I don't re-up for the freebies either. This is just for an additional donation.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Would be something to get a hold of if you collect knives. I think it looks kinda cool. But for a 25 dollar donation its not going to be a quality tool.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I don't like the thumb stud or liner lock feature, steel is probably not great. Handle looks cool. Definitely not something I'd trust my life to but neat piece to add to a collection for $26.00. Better knives could probably be had for the same money. I wouldn't donate because of the knife, but if you are going to donate it is a nice token.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I have leard the photographer is better then the product.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
ANY "free" product used to entice a non-associated purchase (in a capitalist system) can't be worth very much. Don't confuse your sports. If you wanna' support the NRA? Then, by all means, sign-up. If you want a new knife, go buy one from a company...in the KNIFE BUSINESS! :yup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yeah with knives you generally get what you pay for. Best bang for your buck knife that I have is a Spyderco Paramilitary 2. It's not cheap at ~$120, but it's S30V steel, holds a hair popping edge for a good bit, and is of high quality. It's what I carry most days. It's a fantastic EDC knife, and the blade can be deployed quickly if need be. Also has a 4 position pocket clip, and a large lanyard hole. I carry mine right side tip up.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Yep, and any deal that's "giving away" a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 to participate, is a completely... questionable deal. :image035:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
And is probably a Nigerian prince asking you for a cashier's check and your bank routing and account number.
Oh, uhhh gee, now I feel...REALLY stupid. :blink:

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
the least they could do is make it out of 440 steel...420 is crap. The knife isnt worth squat

·
Registered
1 Posts
decent knife

Got an email from the NRA today for this knife. Are they any good?
https://www.nrailadonate.org/StoneRiverKnife/default.aspx
Features:

Super Sharp Satin Finish 440 Stainless Steel Blade
Easy-Glide Ball Bearing Assisted Blade opening
Mossy Oak Break up Country Camouflage Custom Contoured Aluminum Comfort Grip Handle *
“Your Choice” 4-Position Pocket Clip
Blade Length: 2.75 “ -Closed Position Length: 3.75”
Lifetime Limited Warranty

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I've got one that I got when I renewed my membership. I haven't carried it much. Seems to be a pretty typical made in China liner lock. I can tell you the pocket clip seems somewhat delicate to me. I prefer Gerber,Kershaw, and SOG for everyday use so that I don't have to beat up my Spiderco's or Benchmade. Just my .02 worth!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts