Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Both my wife and I carry our EDC guns from the time we get dressed till when we go to sleep. At that time our carry guns go into an Uncle Mikes nylon IWB or pocket holster on our respective nightstands.

All other guns are locked in the safe - in a pistol rack on a shelf, not in holsters.

·
Registered
525 Posts
when my edc comes off, it stays in the holster, even on the nightstand. I figure that gives me an extra half a seco d to wake up before the safety comes off, if something goes bump in the night.

·
Registered
75 Posts
one leather holster for carry a different leather holster for on the night stand. each holster gets it's share of free breathing time.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Seeing as my holster is my vest, it stays in there except on Sunday mornings when it gets transferred to the shoulder holster or to my cut(leather biker vest) for a ride.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Never, if the holster is leather it will, over time, damage the firearms finish. Kydex doesn't but it can still capture moisture between it and the gun. So I like to separate the two to "air" things out.
Further a firearm stored in a an unsecured holster takes 2 hands to access, one to hold the holster and one to grasp the gun. So if you feel the need to secure the firearm anchor the holster to something.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
greetings...

kydex yes... leather no...

have been using bore stores inside an unconditionef safe in a closet on an outside wall in cheezconsin...

recently pulled out never fired sig m400 chambered in 556 nato and never fired colt 1911 chambered in 9mm that have been in there unmolested for 14 years...

no corrosion... looks like the day i put then in there...

bore stores

azj

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
My EDC stays in it's paddle holster. G19/Bianchi, but it comes out of the holster every couple of days for a wipe down.

·
Administrator
143,478 Posts
You are okay with storing a Stainless firearm in a leather holster. I've never had any Ruger or S&W Stainless firearm even show the slightest hint of corrosion.
I don't know of any decent quality leather holster maker that uses Chrome tanned leather but, cheap Chrome tanned leather holsters will eat bluing off of a firearm.
I'm not just regurgitating internet blubbering. I have refinished blued handguns that have been Chrome tanned ruined.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts