Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real Title: AK-47-Wielding Gunman Fires 37 Times at Shocked Cops During Routine Traffic Stop
The Blaze
May. 4, 2013 6:50pm Dave Urbanski

.......Stanko said eight 40-round magazines were found inside Gilkerson’s car, as well as some disturbing reading material (e.g., Backyard Rocketry: Converting Model Rockets into Explosive Missiles and Homemade Detonators: How to Make Them).Police have no idea why Gilkerson opened fire.

“He got of the vehicle, intending to kill my officers. We don’t know why he did it,” said Middlefield Police Chief Arnold Stanko. “He was a scumbag, and a terrorist, and he’s dead.”

In the March 10 video, Gilkerson exits his car—which the officers pulled over for running a stop sign—and sprays the patrol car with rounds of gunfire, cracking the windshield.

AK-47-Wielding Gunman Fires 37 Times at Shocked Cops During Routine Traffic Stop | Video | TheBlaze.com

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
Wow. Suicide by cop. But he tried to take folks with him. I suppose that killing him was the worse they could do. Seems like he deserved a bit more than that. This should be a relatively easy walk for the LEO's involved I hope. Except for the guy that let that video out. If they find him...it might get a bit difficult.

That's proof to me that a good partner is worth the weight. She let out the warning right now.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
looks a pretty solid shooting to me.....

·
Registered
759 Posts
That white car in the background really didn't wanna stick around for the show.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I love how the cop just goes all out at the end and empties his weapon on the degenerate piece of garbage.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love how the cop just goes all out at the end and empties his weapon on the degenerate piece of garbage.
Yes. Mr. LEO wins a Cupi Doll! And a cookie to boot.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
They neutralized the threat. Hopefully, all the LEOs get to go home to their families.

Reactions: cn262

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Yes, there is one more dead BG the world will never miss; and the police who responded acted both courageously and appropriately.

However, the real tragedy is how this will be used as another lever in the never-ending fight to limit and/or eliminate 2A rights.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Had the shooter been better trained and used cover the outcome could have been a lot different,I train to draw and shoot from a sitting position at the range sometimes in case I'm in that position whether in a car or at a table when I have to engage a threat

·
Super Moderator
18,175 Posts
Just continue shooting until the threat is neutralized.

Reactions: ANGLICO

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just continue shooting until the threat is neutralized.
Yeah, but if you are in NY, you are only allowed 7 rounds.................... LOL Stupid!

·
Registered
632 Posts
If i heard correctly the gunman was shouting "kill me!" ... Mentally unstable it would seem. Sad. Hope the leos are ok.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Dadburn waste of ammo. If he was yelling kill me all he had to do was get out and fire one shot and LE would have certainly obliged him.
Might have accounted for his poor aim as well. Sort of hard to get someone to kill you if you kill them first.:blink:

·
Registered
632 Posts
I also heard a armed good samaritan comming to the leos aid. Intresting.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Wow. Challenging little situation, there. Talk about things blowing sideways ...

From the article said:
Thomas (LE), reportedly outside the patrol car on the driver’s side, is heard shouting as bullets begin flying at them. Stanko (Police Chief) said Gilkerson (the BG) was shot several times, but kept firing; he even shouted, “Kill me.” Savage returns fire through the windshield, after which the officers kill Gilkerson.
Well, the little attempted murderer got his wish: he's toes-up in the gutter, where he belongs.

Kudos to both the LEO's who dealt with the situation effectively. Bummer that they both got injured in the attack.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about this, if the OP quoted it correctly, is that the police called him a "terrorist."

No, he was a deranged man shooting at cops. The word terrorist is fast becoming the same as Nazi, used so much that it lacks any real definition or meaning anymore.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about this, if the OP quoted it correctly, is that the police called him a "terrorist."

No, he was a deranged man shooting at cops. The word terrorist is fast becoming the same as Nazi, used so much that it lacks any real definition or meaning anymore.
Unfortunately, yes it is. The average person committing assault by verbally threatening others is now, typically, claimed to be making "terroristic" threats. It's absurd.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
At first I thought the guy in the white car was intelligent, as he backed out and away from the fracas. But then he comes back ... and then, before this is over, we see a guy running across the street behind them. I'm pretty sure that guy was in the line of any stray bullets from the cops. Not very bright at all.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts