Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy Gets Mad at iPhone, Threatens To Shoot It. With a Real Gun.

OK, we know the iPhone, as wonderful as it is, can be a troublesome device. It can freeze, and the apps can get all weird, and then you can’t play Zynga Poker or whatever it is you like to do with it.

But going into an Apple Store, asking for the phone to be fixed, then revealing a gun and threatening to shoot the device is probably not the best way to vent your frustration. One Donald Goodrich from Westwood learned that the hard way, as he was arrested and charged with aggravated menacing and causing fear of harm to an Apple employee.

Apparently, Donald brought his iPhone to the Apple store, told the Apple employee he was “So mad, I could pop a 9mm at it,” and then actually revealed a real 9mm handgun. The Apple employee she’d get his phone fixed, and then told her manager who called the police. To his credit, Donald did have a concealed weapon permit, but, as he soon discovered, it doesn’t cover threatening to shoot gadgets at a store full of people.

·
Super Moderator
17,542 Posts
Fools such as Goodrich give all gun owners a dad name. Yet another poster child for the brady gang.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
... told the Apple employee he was “So mad, I could pop a 9mm at it,” and then actually revealed a real 9mm handgun.
While he directly threatened no person, his words and actions are strongly suggestive that he's a few bottles short of a six-pack.

"Golly Neds!," as granddad used to say. It's amazing what possesses people, these days. I'm sure this person is a wonderfully intelligent individual, both stable and responsible around people. I'm sure he wouldn't hurt a fly. Inanimate objects, though, had apparently better watch out!

Imagine what the staff in the store saw and heard. Imagine hearing the verbal statements and watching someone display and brandish a firearm while making such statements.

The problem is: (a) verbal threats; (b) loaded firearm; (c) brandishing; legitimate fear induced in others sufficient for them to call police. This all strongly suggests he might be a threat in the future, if he were to get "mad" at something ... or someone.

... he was arrested and charged with aggravated menacing and causing fear of harm to an Apple employee.
Huh! I didn't know that "causing fear of harm to an Apple employee" was an arrestable offense. Apples have come up in the world, if that's true. You learn something knew every day. :icon_confused:

Depends on the state statutes. In Oregon, there isn't a "brandishing" statute per se. And, this guy wasn't threatening a person. So, it's a good bet, in the shall-issue state of Oregon, at least, this person would at worst be facing a misdemeanor charge on the order of "making threatening statements" or "disturbing the peace," or some similar vague charge. Given the statutes, here, I can't see it giving enough ammo to the sheriff to rescind his CHL on the basis of the words/actions, though. But then, I'm not a sheriff or attorney. Them's guesses.

Question: If you were a county sheriff in a may-issue state who had the responsibility to determine who is stable and responsible enough to carry, would you be inclined to consider Mr. Knee-Jerk's "need" to outweigh his community's concern over his words and deeds? I certainly can't imagine issuing a CHL if known behavior such as that were found in his recent past.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
I wonder what was going through his itty bitty little pea brain as he was being handcuffed?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I never use 9mm for my I-phone.

An apple corer works just fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
CCW'er shows 9mm in Apple store - Arrested

OK Boys and Girls... What does the first "C" in "CCW" stand for?

A clerk at the Apple Store in Kenwood Towne Centre kept a cool head when a customer reportedly took his frustration with his iPhone too far.

Hamilton County sheriff’s deputies say Donald Goodrich, 38, of Westwood, took his phone into the store Thursday at about 12:30 p.m. and told the clerk, "I’m so mad I could pop a 9mm at it. I could really do it right now, look!"

Goodrich opened his shirt and showed the clerk a gun, deputies said.

Chelsea Levine didn’t panic. She reportedly told Goodrich “there no need for that.”

“I told him we’d get the phone fixed (and) walked him to a technician,” Levine wrote in court records.

Levine told her manager to call the police, according to her statement to police.

Goodrich was arrested on a charge of aggravated menacing and carrying a concealed weapon. He has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, but he allegedly did not tell deputies he had a gun, as required by law.

Deputies seized the weapon and filed paperwork to revoke Goodrich’s concealed carry permit, according to reports.

Goodrich was held in jail overnight. Hamilton County Municipal Judge Melissa Powers Friday released Goodrich on his promise to return to court and ordered him to stay away from the mall.
ORIGINAL STORY

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have no sympathy for this jerk.

·
Registered
756 Posts
What an ignorant hothead.

·
Administrator
143,953 Posts
"He has a permit to carry a concealed weapon,"

Not any more............:mad:

They will likely revoke it on a "threat to society"

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I don't understand why you would give yourself away over a stupid phone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hurts us all when some tard does this stuff. Hopefully he can never have a CCw again.

Same as that guy in Springfield shooting at the guy going down the road. They both need to get a brain.

·
Registered
438 Posts
As Bugs Bunny might say...."What a maroon" ...

Seriously what an idiot. People like this can give us all a bad name and I'm glad he did this before he did something a lot more stupid.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts