·
Registered
86 Posts
uummmm....ok

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry bout not finishing post ... There was a slight distraction ....

My first smaller or compact 45acp was a Glock 30 ... I ran across a 36 at a LGS and made a even trade for the 36 for the 30 ..,
Then when the 30S rolled out out went the 36 ....
The narrow slide with double stack slide makes the 30S agreat carry option ..with the option of useing a 13rd mag

The Taurus PT145 is a double stack 10rd small hand cannon .. With the option of useing 12rd mags ...with it being basically the size of the PT111 9mm subcompact ...

The XDS 45 is the size of my PT709 Slim .. 5+1 / 7+1 single stack ... perfect for pocket carry , cargo pants that is ...and rides flat and light OWB in a leather slide ...

I could reccomend any of these .. But the XDS is unbelievably compact and slim ... and controllable even with 230gr +P

·
Registered
383 Posts
I HAD the G36 and G30sf. I replaced them with Shield .45 and XD-S .45 The XD-S is the unsung hero. It does everything the others do but better

·
Registered
679 Posts
you like the XDS better than the Shield 45?
It looks to me like the XDs only allows two (maybe 2-1/2) fingers on the grip while the Shield allows for three. Am I wrong?

Reactions: gwgw60

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
What type of ammo do you run in them. I know the shorter barrel 45 suffer a little with lower velocities. Corbon makes some good 165gr +p loadings that would make a lot of sense with the subcompact size barrel.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
What type of ammo do you run in them. I know the shorter barrel 45 suffer a little with lower velocities. Corbon makes some good 165gr +p loadings that would make a lot of sense with the subcompact size barrel.
I prefer 230 grain or nothing smaller than 185 grain in 45 acp.

Anything smaller and I would just get a 9 mm or 40 s&w.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It looks to me like the XDs only allows two (maybe 2-1/2) fingers on the grip while the Shield allows for three. Am I wrong?
The XD with standard magazine is a two finger grip for me, but I only carry it with that magazine if I'm pocket carrying. If it's in a belt holster, it will have one of the extended magazines.

(Heck, for me a Glock 19's grip is a 2 and a fraction finger grip.)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have seen and read that the Hornady 220gr +P Critical Duty works well in short barrels .. Its in the 30S and XDS. In my PT145 I have 200 gr LSWC ..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Are all invited to post their small .45s? Or is this a thread to display just yours?

I'm not sure what your purpose is with this thread?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sorry for the delay guys. For those that asked about the XD-S over the Shield. I use the XD-S with the extended magazine not the flush mag. Both the Shield and the XD-S have been flawless with reliability. Both shoot POA=POI. IN have an Agrip on the Shield and a Talon grip on the XD-s. My EDC is a PC Shield in 9mm. I think it's just a matter of opinion. The XD-S shot a little softer (not much) than the shield. I shoot Federal HST 230gr +P for defense loads. Both are built well. The XD-S seems a little bit more refined than the Shield. I had high hopes for the Shield and it has delivered. I had no expectations from the XD-S. I also have the XD-S in 9mm and I can't seem to shoot it very well compared to the 9mm Shield. The 45 XD-S seems to shoot very easily. I was surprised by this as I had the XD-S in 9mm prior to it. It really is what ever you shoot better between the two .45's and for that matter the same for the 9mm's.
So bottom line I shoot the 9mm PC Shield better than the 9mm XD-S. I shoot the 45 XD-S better than the 45 Shield. Go figure I have been shooting almost 49 years now. I guess I was surprised at how easy and well the XD-S in 45 shot since I am not fond of the 9mm XD-S

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Taurus PT145 is a double stack 10rd small hand cannon .. With the option of useing 12rd mags ...with it being basically the size of the PT111 9mm subcompact ...
For those who don't know, the PT145 Mil Pro accepts the Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 45 magazine making the PT145 a 12+1 in 6.1" OAL package. The PT140 Mil Pro also accepts the PT 24/7 Pro in 40 S&W making it 14+1 also in a 6.1" OAL package. These are the older models and not necessarily the newer PT140 G2. Taurus does not make the PT145 in the "G2" generation. Maybe someone else can verify if the PT 24/7 G2's magazine in 40 S&W will fit into the PT140 G2.

Both the PT145 Mil Pro and the PT140 Mil Pro are in my carry rotation and do get frequent range time. I generally carry the 45 with 12 in the magazine and the 40 S&W with 13. With the PT140's magazine packed with 14 rounds, the pressure against the slide is too much to easily rack one into the chamber. The PT145 racks easily with a fully stuffed 12 round magazine.

The PT145 Mil Pro, PT140 Mil Pro and the PT 24/7 in both 45ACP and 40 S&W are on the Taurus recall list. They have been replaced by the PT140 G2 in 40 S&W and the PT 24/7 G2.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts