Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally submitted my paperwork to obtain my Maine Non-Resident CCWP!

I had the paperwork all completed for several weeks but just never got around to the Post Office.

I have plans to spend quality vacation time there.

Anyone have any idea what the processing time is?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Between, my FL, NH, CT, and now Maine non-resident CCWP, I think I should be good for now!

I think it is just ridiculous that NYS does not offer non-resident CCWP. But, it is POLITICS as usual.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The problem with Mass non-resident permits is IIRC they are only valid for one year and you have to apply in person, do you not?

I spend about 3 weeks a year between Mass and Maine and will be securing my Maine non-resident permit... but the Mass one just doesn't make sense given the time it's valid for.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a NY resident and I am sad to report that the NY Legislators are at it again: Several anti-gun measures are being proposed in Albany.

I just may move to CT. I am tired of the high taxes, anti-gun, high real estate, etc etc.

Hey, Governor Patty Cake Patterson, why don't you take up an easier job, like throwing darts? It's perfect for you: Your politics are a Shot in the Dark anyway!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally like the New Fairfield and Brookfield area. Is it not amazing how real estate is much more affordable across the border and the taxes more affordable?

HEY CORRUPT POLITICIANS OF NYS, YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR CITIZENS OUT OF THE STATE.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I live North of Brookfield and across from New Fairfield on the East side of the Lake. They are always trying to get more taxes around here as well forcing people to move South.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Y'all should just move up here to Maine, there's something to be said for living in a place where other people want to vacation!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, I finally submitted my paperwork to obtain my Maine Non-Resident CCWP!

I had the paperwork all completed for several weeks but just never got around to the Post Office.

I have plans to spend quality vacation time there.

Anyone have any idea what the processing time is?
Say, what did you cough up to satisfy the 'firearms safety' proficiency requirement? I had quite the runaround getting them to accept anything besides an NRA class certificate.

·
Registered
764 Posts
HEY CORRUPT POLITICIANS OF NYS, YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR CITIZENS OUT OF THE STATE.

Yup, I'm one of them. Lived there long enough to hate it so I moved a state over and regained my freedom.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Say, what did you cough up to satisfy the 'firearms safety' proficiency requirement? I had quite the runaround getting them to accept anything besides an NRA class certificate.
What did you have to prove your safety training? They'll accept the basic NRA class certificate, a DD214, a CC license from another state, etc.

And, out of curiosity, where are all you guys vacationing up this way? I live way up the coast about an hour past Ellsworth/Bar Harbor, we don't get as many summer people up here as other parts of the state.

·
Registered
764 Posts
What did you have to prove your safety training? They'll accept the basic NRA class certificate, a DD214, a CC license from another state, etc.
Wait a minute they will take a ccp from another state instead of NRA training cert? I have a NH and a PA neither of which require training or certification. Will Maine except those as proof or do I need an NRA certificate along with my permits? On the Maine application the requirements say copies of all CC permits and proof of knowledge of handgun safety.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Although I have several Non-Resident CCWPs in addition to my resident NYS CCWP, Maine still requires proof of training. In my case I presented an NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate. In actuality the paperwork was quite easy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts