Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing 22lr subsonic popping up on the net, anyone use them for the range?

·
Super Moderator
18,176 Posts
All the time...especially when using suppressors.

CCI subs appear to be the best. Fiocchi is good and Win subs are OK.
Stay away from Remington subs. They are very inconsistent.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not really for the range. I find .22 pistols to be somewhat loud myself and .22 subs is something I'd load up a farm pistol with then if I saw a varmit I just had to shoot at but didn't have time to grab plugs it would be a little easier.

·
Premium Member
6,434 Posts
Not really for the range. I find .22 pistols to be somewhat loud myself and .22 subs is something I'd load up a farm pistol with then if I saw a varmit I just had to shoot at but didn't have time to grab plugs it would be a little easier.
We had a problem with possums a while back, and I tried CB caps on them to keep the noise down. Shot one in the head at almost point blank range three times. He hissed at me, climbed over the fence, and wandered back into the woods. Dunno how the subsonic .22LR compares, but a CB cap ain't worth squat against a possum! :bigun2:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I shoot 22 subs quite a lot... My M&P15-22 likes the CCI and the Gemtech subsonics... both cycle 100% reliably. The Remingtons are junk.
Shooting SS's with a can is great... the cycling bolt is the loudest part.

I really want to do this (integral suppression) :

1 - 5 of 5 Posts