Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Just goes to show...never be in "white". Notice how the perp looks over at the victim while the victim is standing nonchalantly with his head turned away.

Good reminder ErikGr7...thanks for posting.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wonder if it was NYC. From what they said about the Rangers? If it was looks like no one needs to protect themself in NY right Mayor Bloomberg. Althought in this instance not only would he have gotten the guy's wallet but also this weapon since he knocked him cold. Good argument against CCW I guess. Man am I confused over this one.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a reminder to never let your guard down.

How many of us think about defense walking into
a McDonalds?

Crime can happen anywhere and anytime.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
talk about a Big Mac Attack,It just goes to show how brazen some criminals are,inside a store with witnesses and surveillance cameras,anytime anywhere

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Two all beef patties, special sauce lettuce, cheese pickles on a sesame seed BOOM!

This criminal scum element makes me sick to my stomach. My city is being ravaged by it now and every day there is another dead body or three found. they need to round them up and send them to Afghanistan and let the mujahadeen take care of them for a while.

·
Banned
112 Posts
That guy was really in condition white. Sorry, call it racist, profiling, etc... If I see "home slice" looking intently at me like that and checking me up and down? Looking over his shoulder to see who else was around? At the very least, I would have expected something to go down...

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Does not matter what condition alert the GG was in, just shows the advantage the BG has as an aggressor. Maybe unintended, but several on this forum:

#1 have a way of blaming the victim.

#2 Providing almost positive adjectives to the BG.

wow, thats a very brave thug!
Sorry to quote jsnole, as I find his to just be a bad choice of words, but he BG was not brave.

·
Banned
116 Posts
too bad a CHL person wasn't in the store. to help the guy out
You mean help the guy out by shooting an unarmed perp in a crime you are uninvolved in, and doing 20 years for 2nd degree homicide?

Or by doing a "citizens arrest" ? What powers exactly do you think a CHL has except to defend their life from an immanent threat?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Unfortunately, it wouldnt matter if you were carrying or not in this case. Actually lucky he wasnt carrying or the BG would have most likely grabbed his gun too.

·
Banned
116 Posts
Unfortunately, it wouldnt matter if you were carrying or not in this case. Actually lucky he wasnt carrying or the BG would have most likely grabbed his gun too.
Lesson here is more about situational awareness than benefits of carrying, but I'm inclined to agree. From what I saw on the video, the perp would not have put me in condition orange and he almost certainly would have cold-cocked me too.

Now some people (Piazza) will make the point that people with good situational awareness are usually skipped over when the mugger picks his mark. No idea if this is true or not but makes a certain sort of sense. I'd pick on the obvious sheep myself.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts