Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have suggestions on a comfortable and rugged concealed carry pant that doesn't scream " I am carrying a gun" I went and tried on some 5.11 pants and didnt care for their fit. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
39,186 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions on a comfortable and rugged concealed carry pant that doesn't scream " I am carrying a gun" I went and tried on some 5.11 pants and didnt care for their fit. Thanks for the input.
Size-larger pants will accommodate most IWB holsters. I wear jeans, dress slacks, and shorts with equal regularity and success while carrying.

·
Registered
632 Posts
cargo tactical pants?

you would be better off with some assault pants :p

i wear old BDUs on fundays, i would recomend some Army issue style, there are more normal colors than camo

·
Registered
837 Posts
Wear what you normally wear if you don't want to scream, "I am carrying a gun." No need to go all tactical unless you want to carry extra mags, flashlight, knife etc. Jeans, khakis, dress slacks and cargo pants work just fine.

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
NO cargo or tacticool pants around my house. With 26 years of CC'n I wear what ever I allways have had for pants, jeans at work , maybe Columbia or dockers for going out, nothing special. More about a great holster and pistol sized for your needs. Those tacticool and cargo pants just SCREAM to look at you.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
I normally wear something like Wrangler cargo pants or shorts. Works fine without spending extra for "tactical".

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I just go one size up. I wear cargo shorts most of the time. One thing I will suggest is check how deep the front pockets are. If I can put my hand in the front pocket to the wrist I'm good. A short front pocket may make pocket carry [ with a holster of course] a bit difficult. I also have a few black shorts so when I carry the g30sf OWB[ its a thick pistol:biggrin2:] I use the black OWB holster it helps a bit. I also wear a thin "tank top" t shirt under any outer shirt [black for the g30, helps hide it] for me it helps keep the holster of the skin when I IWB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses, I agree that most tactical pants scream " gun" the only thing I liked is most had an elastic waist so I wouldn't have to buy one size up and just use them to carry. I will just try to find a quality cargo pant that has an elastic waist so I can still wear them when not carrying.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Haggar Cool 18® Pants. < they also come in shorts as well >
Microfiber is a must here in Florida ;-)
or a pair of Levi's Black Jeans "one size up"

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
TruSpec makes some nice cargo pants with an expandable waist, a small narrow pocket for a knife or small flashlight, a small pocket on each cargo pocket for a cell phone or mags, mag pockets inside the cargo pockets. That with a 5.11 Operator belt is ideal for CC, OWB or IWB. I was issued a couple of pairs of khaki when I was working armed security & a couple of pair of black 5.11s. The TruSpecs hold up much better although I wore the black 5.11s more so it's hard to really judge.

Reactions: epalmer2898

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also wear cargo shorts of the standard variety. My P938 in a DeSantis pocket holster fits well in the cargo pocket for quick trips. No bulk in the front pocket.

Some shorts carry the cargo pocket in a height that makes the gun hit my knee and I just learn to avoid those brands.

If needed I can carry IWB with these shorts. Options.

Pants, I just usually wear jeans one waist size larger and carry IWB.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I suggest you try the 5.11 Tactical Covert Pants. They are just as good as any tactical pant, but they don't appear to be "tactical".

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I don't wear one size larger and iwb a comp-tac minotaur . Never got why a person needs all those extra pockets.

alachner Yes they do!!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I really like the Blackhawk stuff. Comfortable and normal looking cargo type pants.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I often wear Propper lightweight *tactical* pants. Tactical is a marketing term not something that "screams gun". Where I live, lots of guys wear various cargo pant styles of which the so-called tactical pants are just one of. Keep in mind, what are called tactical pants came from mountain climbing/outdoor clothing. If you don't want to look too *tactical*, stick to khaki instead of BDU styles and camo.

90% of the time I front pocket carry and it doesn't "scream" anything. Lots of newer CCW holders are a bit paranoid about carrying a gun and spend too much time worrying about printing, etc. After close to 40 years of carrying a concealed weapon, I rarely think twice about it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I "third" the recommendation for the 5.11 Covert Casuals. Very sturdy, low key, and casual. I have a couple pair. If I'm not wearing them, it's a pair of jeans or Dockers. Really depends on the situation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
TruSpec makes some nice cargo pants with an expandable waist, a small narrow pocket for a knife or small flashlight, a small pocket on each cargo pocket for a cell phone or mags, mag pockets inside the cargo pockets. That with a 5.11 Operator belt is ideal for CC, OWB or IWB. I was issued a couple of pairs of khaki when I was working armed security & a couple of pair of black 5.11s. The TruSpecs hold up much better although I wore the black 5.11s more so it's hard to really judge.
+1

I love the Tru-Specs and the 5.11 belt combo! Double duty belt.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts