Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soon, going to purchase a Taurus pt145, for my compact CCW, weapon. I will usually be carrying, under a t-shirt, on work days. I don't think this weapon, would be comfortable to carry IWB, but I may be wrong. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use the following from DeSantis for my PT145:

The n91 is an offshoot of our n87 holster, but with the ability of total stealth. It is made of padded ballistic nylon and has a "J" hook mount. The Kydex suspender can be adjusted 360 degrees, making the Tuck-This totally adaptable. A spare magazine pouch is standard for auto-loader models. It can be worn cross draw or as a small of the back holster, or swap out the suspender for the "L" shaped suspender (provided) for strong side IWB carry. The "J" hook accommodates belts up to 1 ¾" wide.

$32.99

Mark :smile:

http://www.desantisholster.com/n91.html

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Used to have one, bought a Milt Sparks Summer Special for it. Worked pretty good, but yeah, a bit uncomfortable. Got rid of the gun eventually, didn't like the fact that the safety would fall down at the slightest provocation. Maybe they've fixed that problem by now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a K&D Holster's Laredo on order for daily carry and have been using a Bianchi Black Widow for belt carry and a Gould&Goodrich Model 810 for IWB. I have found that for off-the-shelf solutions you can use holsters fitted for the G26-27 until your custom-fitted holster arrives. The 145 is a bit thick for IWB, but I have adjusted to it ok.

·
Registered
217 Posts
duh

What do you mean not comfortable. I carry mine for up to 18 hours a day in an Tucker Answer. It fits in my Tucker which was made for an XD40SC perfectly. One of the easiest guns to hide.

steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts