Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been carrying my XD9SC for about a year in a supertuck. Lately I have been seriously considering an OWB holster for the winter. I usually wear pullover hoodie type sweatshirts so a shoulder holster is out. I love the supertuck but want another option or two. I think that if I do go OWB it really has to be a very hi-ride style. Any suggestions?? Oh and i want to try to keep it under 75.00$. thanks...

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
This is what I would recommend. A little more expensive than what you budgeted, but worth the money.
High Ride Pancake holster

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
UBG Holsters I often tote a G19 in a Bonneville. It's a great hi-ride pancake, I wear it under hoodies and sweatshirts a lot. Nate is running 3-5 weeks right now.

Btw, that's my 19 on the gallery page.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I carry a glock-36 in this OWB...notice the high ride of the Glock?

FIST, INC.

·
Registered
146 Posts
UBG Holsters I often tote a G19 in a Bonneville. It's a great hi-ride pancake, I wear it under hoodies and sweatshirts a lot. Nate is running 3-5 weeks right now.

Btw, that's my 19 on the gallery page.
+1 on a UBG Bonneville. Nate's work is top shelf and his service is second to none. The Bonneville is right in your price range. All my guns ride in UBG holsters.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
I use a tagua pancake for my sig and love it.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have carried for 14 years and have aquired a fair amount of holsters over this period. BY Far the best OWB holster I have used is the Bianchi Carryloc series. I carry my G23 and Sig P228 in one every day. They aren't made for a large variety of guns , but don't buy a holster until you check them out.

NCH

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I ordered a K&D and talked with Kevin about cutting it to ride a little higher and what I got was a beautiful, near-perfect high-riding OWB holster.
K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

Little Bear would be another maker I'd recommend.
Little Bear Custom Holsters - *******I am not one to sit around and talk about myself but here it goes.My name is Dave Galloway,*I built this company after leaving*the military/law enforcement, in 2006, after 10 years.* I have extensive sma

Give 'em a call and talk about you need/want and they'll fix you right up.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am awaiting a pancake from Simply Rugged that meets your price point. I have not personally used one, but the reviews from others on this site have been unanimous and extremely positive. Six week wait.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Another option is the Mitch Rosen Upper Limit, in the express line for about $75...

Mitch Rosen

·
Registered
641 Posts

Dan Wesson CBOB in a CUDA by Simply Rugged. This holster can be worn either IWB or OWB and has ad adjustible cant as well.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
I second the Mitch Rosen Upper Limit. I just received mine a few days ago and love it. It rides nice and high and still holds my G23 close to the body. I also got a matching mag carrier. Make sure you look at his Express line which much cheaper than his main line but is still very high quality.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I second the recommendation for the "TT Gunleather "High Ride Pancake"--I have one and it's great!
I'm big on high ride OWB holsters, too! I'd love to see just how high this holster rides if one of you guys could post a pic.

I have yet to find one that stays tight to me AND rides high enough for my liking. The only thing that has come close is a paddle holster made by Desantis. Got one for my Kel-Tec P11 and my Sig229

Now this is high ride!

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
I make two holsters that would meet your need:

My normal pancake holster (The Slide) for a 3" barrel would only be about 1.5 to 2 inches below the belt. Cost is $60 plus $6 shipping.

My high ride (High Slide) would only be about .5" to .75" below the belt. Cost is $70 plus $6 shipping.

Side Guard Holsters - OWB Holsters

1 - 20 of 25 Posts