Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whats a good holster for summer a t-shirt and basketball shorts. I use a black hawk cheap 11 buck one now with a clip.
I was kinda thinking sticky holsters might work for shorts good and info.

Gun is glock 26
and will have a rock island 1911 compact soon.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Are you kidding me? You are asking about a summer holster, really? In T and basketball shorts none the less! Our weather report predicts 15 below zero tonight. Summer is a distant memory.
Anyhow, when summer does arrive and the temp gets way up there, I wear compression shorts under my basketball shorts and I use Don Hume IWB holsters for my CC pistols which are usually an SP101, a S&W E series 1911, or when the temp gets way up there, a Colt Mustang. From what I have read, a sticky holster and compression shorts might work out real well. Meanwhile, I just came in from Cross Country skiing and I have to get my long johns off and in the wash. Summer.........really?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Are you kidding me? You are asking about a summer holster, really? In T and basketball shorts none the less! Our weather report predicts 15 below zero tonight. Summer is a distant memory.
Summer.........really?
Summer is right around the corner. I'm being optimistic!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
N82 pro is my go to summer holster. Heard that the now have a 2 clip holster. Very comfy.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I use a Remora for the G 19. It is very handy; position it where you want, and it stays there.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Im not sure what kind of basketball shorts you wear, but the ones I have probably would not support the weight of a G26, at least not enough for me to walk any further than the mailbox.

Anyhow, when summer does arrive and the temp gets way up there, I wear compression shorts under my basketball shorts and I use Don Hume IWB holsters for my CC pistols which are usually an SP101, a S&W E series 1911, or when the temp gets way up there, a Colt Mustang. From what I have read, a sticky holster and compression shorts might work out real well. Meanwhile, I just came in from Cross Country skiing and I have to get my long johns off and in the wash. Summer.........really?
I wore shorts and flip flops today.:danceban: g1420653670342060771.jpg.png

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
It's summer every week here. 80 something today. I don't wear basketball shorts anywhere other than around the house. When I do I pocket carry a J frame or a glock 43.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Im not sure what kind of basketball shorts you wear, but the ones I have probably would not support the weight of a G26, at least not enough for me to walk any further than the mailbox.

I wore shorts and flip flops today.:danceban: View attachment 169041
Flip flops and shorts? Geez, that hurts! That really does hurt. On the bright side, however, it only got to 8 below last night. It is so easy to carry a full size Beretta 92 or a SIG 220 in a shoulder holster when you have several layers. (besides, shoveling snow is good exercise!)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Keeping an eye on this thread. It'd be nice to have something to wear with athletic shorts for quick trips out of the house.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Keeping an eye on this thread. It'd be nice to have something to wear with athletic shorts for quick trips out of the house.
I usually just throw an LCP in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
An important question is where you carry your gun.

If you carry AIWB, you might try one of the inexpensive Don Hume H715 series leather holsters. I have a couple and like them. The metal clip is much easier to work than many others. If you carry AIWB, avoid Remoras for larger guns. They should work for a G26 or 1911 Officer, but any larger and they get uncomfortable.

However, if you carry at 3-4 o'clock, Remora is a fine choice.

One thing I won't recommend is the Uncle Mikes for these. I've bought both, and for each of them, the holster is too big or the handle rides a bit too high. I love Uncle Mikes for my P229, though.

·
Registered
898 Posts

I must say you sure put a lid on that one he hasn't answered yet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anybody out there use or know anything about the Ramora Clip (IWB) holster? I was thinking this would work well with either shorts or sweat pants from the way it looks on their website. I carry a Shield 45.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well in missouri its pretty cold right now but im just trying to do research and get idea so i can order a few and try out so i can find the right one before summer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well in missouri its pretty cold right now but im just trying to do research and get idea so i can order a few and try out so i can find the right one before summer.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Depending on how active you are planning on being in basketball shorts and how firm the waistband, I would not rely on a remora or sticky holster to hold a heavier gun in place, JMHO. For basketball shorts and guns the weight you are mentioning, I would look at something more like a pistolwear, 3 speed holster, or smart carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
It's open window season down here on the Texas Coast. With the AC on in the mid-afternoon. :tongue:

We're in a open carry state, so I usually do that. When I'm in places I can't, I'm either wearing a light hoodie, so I can carry a fullsize such as a HK VP357 or an M&P. My Glock 30S goes into that category because it's such a fat pig.

Otherwise, I'm usually carrying an XDs OWB under an untucked shirt. This will work well if you have a decent gun belt.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Usually I'll still carry an OWB holster on a Wilderness Tactical Belt. I don't worry about it being through belt loops as my close to 50 year old abdomen ensures a smooth draw :danceban:

Reactions: ThirdShift
1 - 18 of 18 Posts