Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As summer is approaching here is FL, I a, re-evaluating my daily carry.

Currently I carry a G19 in a Maxtuck IWB.

I am a building contractor and work primarily outside in the weather, usually very hot and sweaty in summer time. I am constantly bending over, climbing up ladders etc, and am looking for a more concealable route.

In addition to the 19, I have a S&W model 60 snubbie. General attire is long kaki type pants and a collared button up shirt with boots. Untucked shirts are a problem as there is a strong breeze here on the coast and the bending over etc.

Would consider an oversized phone holster so to speak as I could camouflage it with pens, tape measure etc if need be.

Anyone else run not this scenario?

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
DSCN4581.jpg

Just received today 3Speed Holster. Breaking it in (1st Day) Unloaded with 9rnd mag in gun and extended 15Rnd mag in holder. It is a deep conceal system, right now wearing just above beltline, sitting at computer. Feels comfortable.
3 Speed Holster
just one option.

Good Luck with search

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you already have a 19, id get a 26. I do the same just with a 23C/27. Then I can run my bigger mags in my 27. Also the weapons would be identical.
Probably even use the same holsters in some cases.

In God and Glock we Trust

·
Registered
119 Posts
I also work out side at service stations in man holes under gas dispensers. I've tried a lot of iwb holsters and bags. But what works best for me is a Ruger LCR or a S&W 642 in pocket carry, most times one in each front pocket.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Might want to consider getting a smaller gun for pocket carry or look into appendix carry before you develop hip problems. Kydex holsters such the AIWB from JM Custom will be easier to clean since you'll likely be sweating a lot. If you can afford it, Spencer Keeper's "the Keeper" holster is supposedly one of the most comfortable and concealable even for guys with "spare tire syndrome." Another option in to get a few of those compression/spandex style undershirts that has a built-holster under the arm pit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Why not rig up something on a tool belt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I like the 'Air Marshal 3' from Kangaroo Carry for hands/waist free, deep cover carry with minimal clothing.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...AIWB clip-on leather or nylon(washable) at 1 or 2 o'clock...I buy heavy cotton pocket Ts 1X larger...wind doesn't expose gun, nor does stretching/crawling under houses/climbing ladders...(backing out requires a quick grab)...been doing it for over 20 years and never accidentally exposed...full-sized .45 down to J...or two...currently P97 and SP101...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I carry a Sig P238 in a Guru Dave fake zipper top wallet holster. I would add a smaller gun to my carry rotation if I were you. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366233505.764346.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366233532.563051.jpg
If I really have to go small I have a KelTec P3AT and a wallet holster. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366233638.446668.jpg
I like Remora holsters for all of my larger guns. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366233698.646529.jpg

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yep, another one of the many reasons I appendix carry. If it wasn't for that, I'd definitely have to pocket carry at work with all the bending, reaching, stretching and such.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts