Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have just stumbled across an ammo can that I found my dad had and it has some Super Vel 380 JHP 88grn ammo (6 boxes). Doing a little research I find that this stuff was one of the 1st JHP and paved the way to modern bullet design. As for performance it seems to be a bit better than FMJ but nothing like today's bullets.

It is this ammo (stealing from some one else on here)

But in 380 ACP.

I guess I am just wondering if anyone has any more information on this ammo or if it is something I should just go shoot. Or should I sell this to someone that will take care of it and collect it. I know it will not last long with me lol.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Don't shoot it. There are some collectors looking for full, unopened boxes.
Super Vel was the hot ammo when it came out. Lee Jurras probably did more to start improvement in ammo design and performance than any other manufacturer of the time.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Don't shoot it. There are some collectors looking for full, unopened boxes.
Super Vel was the hot ammo when it came out. Lee Jurras probably did more to start improvement in ammo design and performance than any other manufacturer of the time.
Ditto! That stuff is valuable to collectors.

I haven't seen any SuperVel in years and years. In it's day it was the hottest commercial ammo one could buy. It was the 70s equivalent of Buffalo Bore and CorBon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a picture of what I got:

Tried to add it to the main tread but it would not let me

--Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts