Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is purely a guess on my part.
Hardware stores sell clear acrylic "buttons" that have adhesive backing. They are made to stick on the back of cabinet doors to keep them slamming closed. Perhaps you might cut one of these to fit into the Kydex. Place it so that it will hold the gun in a position that will prevent the laser button from being depressed when the weapon is holstered? Matbe?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Love my supertuck!!! But it keeps turning on my lasermax and batteries are dead. Got any ideas?
Have you discussed the issue with Crossbreed?

A little judicious heating with a hair drier should let you re-mould the Kydex away from the switch.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It is not a holster issue - but rather the extended slide release that turns on the laser. I had mine hanging up on my Blackhawk holster. Just about every holster enables or activates the laser. Nothing like OCing and having a little red dot following you around - and garning attention.

I was told that Lasermax makes a shorter slide release switch. I have removed my laser until I can order one or file down the one I have.

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
I was told that Lasermax makes a shorter slide release switch. I have removed my laser until I can order one or file down the one I have.
True. I had the same issue with Lasermax with my Smartcarry...must have leaned on something and turned the laser on. They will send you a filed down "on" switch.

Since I switched to Crimson Trace, no more such issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts