Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been hundreds of threads over the years asking if there is a way to quiet down the supertuck. I've even emailed crossbreed with no response

Does anyone have a viable long term solution to the constant creaking?

If not, is there a similar holster that is silent?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have had my supertuck for almost 5 years. I have tried all the suggested solutions I've seen online. It still creaks as much as it ever did.

I only use it for games now. My regular carry is a smaller, all leather, single-clip holster...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had my supertuck for almost 5 years. I have tried all the suggested solutions I've seen online. It still creaks as much as it ever did.

I only use it for games now. My regular carry is a smaller, all leather, single-clip holster...
I've had mine for 9 years, but I haven't looked for a solution in years. I dont have high hopes at this point, especially when the maker avoids the question.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I gave up on my supertuck ever being quiet.

I also gave up on hybrids. None, for me, have been the comfortable solution they claim... far too much contact area.

Minimalist kydex AIWB holsters solved both problems for me. YMMV.

If you're able to conceal OWB, a leather pancake may work, but they often squeak until broken in too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just sprayed the heck out of one of mine with WD-40 brand PTFE. I have been thinking about doing this for a while, but was always hesitant. It is silent for now, but we will have to see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
I quieted mine down by getting an all kydex holster.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I quieted mine down by getting an all kydex holster.
What is comfortable for iwb at 3:00? Seem like I would have to move kydex behind the hip to be comfortable, and a full size grip back that far always has shirts tucked behind it.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
What is comfortable for iwb at 3:00? Seem like I would have to move kydex behind the hip to be comfortable, and a full size grip back that far always has shirts tucked behind it.
For me, I have to move it back to about 4-4:30 to be comfortable.

Come to think of it, I think my galco kingtuck was pretty quiet. Both my crossbreed and Mtac holsters are pretty noisy though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot I had a kydex iwb, and it just lasted 2 minutes in my pants. Needs some sort of backing to be on the hip. Maybe I will play with my Eidolon for the glock and see if anything works out. Never tried it with anything other tha aiwb.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I use a product called Quick Draw and it pretty much removed all noise including the noise from my belt working on the clips, works on Kydex and leather.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use a product called Quick Draw and it pretty much removed all noise including the noise from my belt working on the clips, works on Kydex and leather.
It looks like that stuff is silicone, and its properties are very similar to the teflon I used. Hopefully it will work, because primers are too expensive right now to be buying new holsters.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Does anyone have a viable long term solution to the constant creaking?
Yes. Somewhere in your house, there should be a container that looks something like this:

Gently place the SuperTuck into this container, close the lid, and order one of these:

All "tongue-in-cheek" aside, the MTAC is a FAR superior holster in my experience.

1. I has a smaller footprint. To me, the SuperTuck's backing size is way excessive. No one needs that much backing for comfort.

2. It has NO squeak. The MTAC is totally silent while the SuperTuck sounded downright obnoxious.

3. It has adjustable retention. My SuperTuck was the cheapest looking kydex shell I've ever seen, with a very vague shape. The MTAC fits your specific gun like a glove.

4. The MTAC has a nice leather smell. The SuperTuck stunk the place up. I don't know what it was, but it definitely had a nasty chemical smell.

First I bought the SuperTuck hype and then I bought the holster. It was a mistake.

Once I bought my first MTAC, it was followed by three others.

·
Premium Member
3,998 Posts
I had a pair of shoes years back, hand made in England. Awesome, quality shoes but embarrassingly creaky. The boss suggested baby powder and that did the trick.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Kiwi Leather Lotion works wonders for my horsehide SuperTuck.

Rub it in good, let it sit a few minutes, rub some more on, wait, buff it out. Doesn't sound like the ropes on an old sailing ship any more.

Did it when new, reapplied after a few years.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
I guess you guys don't have saddle shops. I got some stuff that made the leather so soft it never made any noise.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I would not use it if you have reservations, its just like everything it may work for some and not others like saddle soap on leather it can ruin a holster that is made to be stiff to work as it was made. The biggest problem I had with Crossbreed was they would not honor there guarantee so I dont use that brand any more, they said the conditions that I worked in was a problem caused by me but I don't control the weather. Be aware what ever you put on there rig could make your guarantee go away.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I have three N8Tactical Professional IWB tuckable holsters, www.n82tactical.com . January 1, 2020 the parent company of Crossbreed holsters purchased Nate Squared (N82) Tactical and changed the name to N8 Tactical.

Tuckable means your shirt can be tucked in around the outside of the holster. One holster is for my Glock 17.4, one is for my Glock 30.4 and one is for my Glock 19.5. N8 sells several types of holsters but I like their Professional model best. It is a single clip holster that I wear at 9 o’clock (right behind my 2nd belt loop) as I am left handed. Some people don’t like a single clip because they say the holster moves around. Mine settles into my left hip and doesn’t move around at all. It is all day wearing comfort. Because it is a single clip instead of a double clip it is very quick and easy to put on and take off which I really like.

The Professional has 3 layers of material. A very soft suede backing that sits against your body inside your belt, then a rubber neoprene layer to block moisture from reaching the gun and the soft black leather on the outside of the holster that the gun sits next to. No part of the gun ever touches your body. I always wear a T-shirt under my outer shirt. The gun slides into a poly carbonate shell which has retention, trigger guard protection and adjustable cant.

N8 has a lifetime guarantee and a 2 week trial. Their products and customer service is superior.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I would not use it if you have reservations, its just like everything it may work for some and not others like saddle soap on leather it can ruin a holster that is made to be stiff to work as it was made. The biggest problem I had with Crossbreed was they would not honor there guarantee so I dont use that brand any more, they said the conditions that I worked in was a problem caused by me but I don't control the weather. Be aware what ever you put on there rig could make your guarantee go away.
They've taken care of me twice with my holster - once they replaced the cracked kydex on my original holster, second time they just sent me a new holster. It's been going on 10 years now I've carried in the Super Tuck Deluxe.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Have you tried baby powder. That quietens squeaky leather and has the added benefit of smelling nice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts