Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to purchase the Deluxe holster this week.
The questions are:

1. Do you have the Standard or Combat Cut?

2. With the one you have, do you feel you should opted for the other and why?

3. Did you buy J hooks or V clips at the time of purchase.

4. Horsehide or Leather and what's the deciding difference factor.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What are you planning to carry? Tell us a little about yourself.

Combat cut.

No, I can get a good grip on the gun instantly.

Standard steel hooks

extra credit: Horsehide and a crossbreed belt also.

Joker1

·
Registered
643 Posts

Standard.

I like it the way it is. I have no problems getting a solid grip through my draw action and reholstering, and I like the extra coverage of material between myself and the firearm.

Neither

·
Registered
271 Posts
1) combat cut
2) have no issue accessing the gun, feel like w/out combat there may be too much material there...at least with my G23
3) wear with standard clips with no issues, stays in place great
4) always wear a shirt between myself and the holster, so didn't upgrade. Have thought about lining the back with a microfiber...just to see how it felt.

Once you get a Supertuck, you'll wonder how you ever carried w/out. Makes CC so much easier.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, Joker.
I'm buying it for my Kimber UCII (3" - bet you knew that).
As for me, I'm a former Marine and have been involved with guns for all of my cognizant life. Dad was a cop (reloader, tinkerer) that went on to build custom bench rest rifles for shooters all over the world. He also the Nat'l Supershoot Champion in 1975.
Over the past few years, I have really gotten back into firearms. Besides my Kimber, I have 2 6PPC Heavy Varmint bench rest rifles as well as a 6PPC Sporter my dad built - A .257 Roberts, a mint U.S. Springfield 45-70 Carbine, Golani Sporter, Mossberg 18" 500 and my dad's old J-frame SW 38 Special revolver.
You didn't know you'd get a novel when you asked your question, did you!
Thanks again..
Bruce

·
Registered
288 Posts

I have the Standard.

No, I like having the extra material. I can draw from the holster at my range and have never experienced a problem with my thumb hitting the material or the material getting in the way of drawing.

No. I bought awhile back before the steel clips with the cross in them became standard. My plastic clips have never failed, but I do like the cross in the newer clips.

Horsehide. I live in CA and it can get pretty hot sometimes. I am happy with my decision to go with Horsehide.

Ok, All done. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to DC :wave:

Your UCII will magically disappear in the Supertuck *poof*

I have the Ultra Raptor in the ST Cowhide with no cut and steel clips... Love IT :image035:

Is the leather large enough to cover the beaver tail on the Kimber so it doesn't dig into your side?

·
Registered
25 Posts
No digging from the beaver tail...
no complaints at all and wish I would have purchased sooner.

Thanks that picture shows it much better. Will be stopping by Spectra on the way home tomorrow.........

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the standard cut and just the hooks that came with it in horsehide. Have worn it for a week and am now getting it broken in a little. This is my first IWB holster and I am glad I did not have it trimmed for the combat cut for the extra support in keeping the gun from digging into my skin and I can draw without any problems from the 5 to 6 o'clock position. I will be buying a belt after the holiday season and since i wear a black belt unless someone really pays attention to you the standard clips are really not that noticeable with jeans and I wear a T-shirt long enough to cover my belt anyway. I am going to try a snapslide for a different gun for days that I have to wear more tailored cut pants that a IWB will not work.

It is worth the money to go with horsehide as it feels better and will keep its shape to your body position once you break it in.

Good luck with your purchase as I have tried different holsters at my local store and none of them compared to the Supertuck. The nice thing is they give you 2 weeks to try it out and if it does not work you can return it.

I carry a Walther PPS .40 in my supertuck.

·
Registered
125 Posts

I have the standard cut for my Service model XD9.

I really wanted the extra coverage of the standard and I'm so glad I did. The way I wear it every day the leather has molded completely to my XD and given me a nice buffer between my undershirt and grip. It softens the lines of the XD and doesn't allow anything to dig into my side no matter how I move.

I opted for the kydex plastic clips when I got mine, they lasted about 6 months and both cracked within a week. Mark immediately sent me an upgrade kit with the new metal "cross" clips and mounting hardware at no charge. A+ on service!

Leather because I live in Michigan and don't have the humidity to need the protection of horsehide. Plus I wanted black instead of natural coloring, and it was cheaper!

Love my ST and also wear their gunbelt every day. The belt has held up really well to my abuse over the last few months and looks good for work or casual.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I don't have the Supertuck, but I do have the MicroClip and the MicroTuck. They are basically the same except that the MicroTuck has an additional clip. The MicroTuck is combat cut and the MicroClip is standard. I have a Kahr MK9 and a PM9. Since the grip is so short, it's actually much easier to draw with the combat cut. So definitely take into consideration how big the grip is.

I picked the leather since it has a black finish and the standard metal cross clips.

·
Registered
108 Posts
1. Standard Cut.
2. Love the standard cut--I can easily grip and draw my Beretta Mini Cougar, even when I'm carrying with the shorter mag.
3. Nope.
4. Went with the leather simply for financial reasons.

Good luck with you purchase! I'm sure you'll be completely satisfied whichever way you decide to go. Crossbreed makes a fantastic holster.

·
Registered
225 Posts
1. Standard Cut.
2. Love the standard cut--I can easily grip and draw my Beretta Mini Cougar, even when I'm carrying with the shorter mag.
3. Nope.
4. Went with the leather simply for financial reasons.

Good luck with you purchase! I'm sure you'll be completely satisfied whichever way you decide to go. Crossbreed makes a fantastic holster.
I'll echo Beretta8045's comments....to a fault....
Only difference.....Mine's for the Glock 26...
Otherwise......:3a:What he said!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have 3, and they are all the same: Horsehide, combat cut, steel clips.

Ordering the V-clips today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input. I ordered mine last night.
I went with the standard cut. I figure it's easier to remove some leather if I need to than not having enough for my liking.
I'll probably get the hooks in the future once I get used to it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered my first CB ST a few days ago for my G27.... lefty w/ CT laserguard. I order standard with a set of J hooks... I figured what the heck for $5 extra. I heard using one standard clip and one J clip is the way to go.

I'll update once I get it... if the wife let's me open it b4 xmas:)

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I have the combat cut on mine, and the J-hooks, I like them because they are a little more discreet on the belt than the standard metal clips. I have leather, I didn't feel I needed the extra moisture protection of the horsehide.

+1 on the CrossBreed gun belt, I love mine, very sturdy, and looks nice as well.

CrossBreed is the best for CS as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just ordered one and it arrived yesterday. Everything is standard with mine, leather and the standard clips that come with it.I've worn it for 12 hours today and you tend to forget that it is there. I also had to travel to Columbus to meet with a couple of customers. All in all, I probably did 225 miles in the car with this thing in place.

I personally see no need to acquire any other holster unless for a different weapon. Presently mine is for a Bersa Thunder 380.

I do have several 1911 45's, so who knows.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts