Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a supertuck holster for my XD40 and was wondering.....

How are they while you are seated in a car? I am currently carrying IWB with a single clip holster(Galco sto-n-go)But it moves around way too much and is terrible when seated. So was just wondering how you guys/girls like your supertucks and how the comfort was. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You know, I was wonding the same thing! I want to get one of those Supertucks for my Bersa .45 Ultra Compact Pro.
If it works out, I'll get one for my Para 1911.
If anyone owns one and has info about these holsters, let us know!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a supertuck and it works great in the car except for one problem . I caught the rear clip on the seatbelt (female part) when getting in my Tahoe and it bent the clip up eventually weakening it and the second time it did it finally broke it.

However the fine folks at crossbreed sent me two new ones within the week. I now take a little time to make sure it clears it when getting in.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I wear my supertuck at the 4 o'clock position with an M&P40c. I've never had a issue with it. I have the Velcro clips and matching belt. Very fashionable :rofl:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
My XD9 just disappears in my Supertuck and I have driven for long road trips and forgot it was even there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a HK45C in a supertuck, doesn't bother me at all

(5'9" 150 lbs)

·
Registered
166 Posts
mine is fine for around town and stuff but if I'm on a trip for more than 2 hours I'll take it off...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just get the supertuck, you won't regret it. :)

Mine does great in the car. I might start to really feel it after 4 hours of sitting in the car, but that's about it. For normal everyday usage it's freakin awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I carry my Sig P220R in a Supertuck at 4:30 - 5:00, never even notice it in the car. Best holster I've ever had.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I wear mine at about 5:00. But when driving I find that it hurts my back. So unless I am taking a short trip I remove my pistol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i use my super tuck with my xd 45 while driving around town with no problems good holster

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wear mine about 3:30-4 oclock and hardly notice it; sometimes I do forget it's there; I just got back from a 17hr trip one way and had no problems with comfort. You won't be disappointed with the comfort of the supertuck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As in all things, ymmv. My personal experiences have been great. I do a lot of driving, usually with either a XD40sc or Ruger SP101 at about 4:30. The supertuck works great for either one, however the XD requires I be a little particular with the seat back angle on longer drives (more than 4 hours). The Ruger in the supertuck is a great combo...driving, walking, riding, sleeping, etc - always in comfort.

BJC

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is the Supertuck have enough retention to stay put when being extremely active such as horseback riding without fear of needing a one with a retention strap.

·
Registered
356 Posts
OK...you guys finally pushed me over the edge...

I just ordered a Supertuck for my G19.

:danceban:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just got mine and find it is very obstructive while sitting if you carry anywhere between 10:00 and 2:00.

With my old holster, I'd carry at about 2:00 with the handle snuggling into my very manly belly of steel. I love the lower abdominal carry since it is so tight against the body. I can wear the shirts I've been outgrowing for years and still conceal the gun even when my nipples could be seen on a cold day (I don't know you, you don't know me, enjoy the brutal honesty).

This kind of carry is very painful with the supertuck since the gun doesn't hinge with your leg when you sit, as other holsters might.

Carrying outside of that narrow range, so far, has been very comfortable; but I may need slightly larger pants to carry at 3:00 as opposed to 2:00 carry.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
OK...you guys finally pushed me over the edge...

I just ordered a Supertuck for my G19.

:danceban:
Well then I guess I'll just put these Supertuck pom-poms away. :tired:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts