Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go To: http://www.congress.org enter your zip - click GO - Choose Compose your own letter and send the following (or something like it):

Please Support H.R. 4547 U.S. Representative Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) recently introduced. A national Right-to-Carry (RTC) reciprocity bill that would honor state carry licensees nationwide. The bill would allow any person with a valid carry permit or license issued by a state to carry a concealed firearm in any other state if they meet certain criteria. The bill would not create a federal licensing system; it would simply require the states to recognize each other's carry permits, just as they recognize drivers' licenses.

·
Super Moderator
25,534 Posts
I keep wondering, what does this mean in states like NJ and MD were it's close to impossible to get a permit? I have to admit, I haven't read the bill.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
ArmyCop for a long time, legislation like this I would have considered to be the answer to several decades of prayer! However, remember one thing, whatever the government can accomplish in a single effort, can also be undone just as easily. I would much prefer that the various state legislatures sign interstate compacts at the state level to keep this process rolling. It is already 2/3 done across the south and midwest. That way if an unfriendly Prez happens to slip into the White House, it will be a matter for the federal government to attack the problem piecemeal (one at a time....50 times) rather than rescind one single piece of legislation. Does this make any sense? Sure I'd love to whup up on DC or New YAWK or my FAV Bahston (do they really pahk the cah in the Haaavad yahd?) by federal mandate. But I'm suspicious of letting the feds intervene in what should be essentially a 10th Amendment and 2nd Amendment issue.

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Hi All,

I just got off the phone with my Rep's office in DC (William Jenkins). I was told that he strongly suports this legislation. However, I was also advised that this bill has been introduced several times in the past, and seldom (if ever) has it made it out of committee for a vote. (The Dems have always done everything possible to kill it before it ever makes it to the floor. )
I would strongly urge everyone reading this to turn up the heat on their Congressional Reps - PARTICILARILY if they happen to be Democrats. If they are not made to realize that this issue is sufficiently important to their constituency to cost them an election, then it will just be business as usual.
Thanks to ArmyCop for bringing this to the forum's attention.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I tell ya, with things as bad as they are getting and not to even mention terrorism. We need to be armed. I also think this will send the message to definitely not mess with America because if you act up, expect return fire.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sent a letter to my Representative. She is fromthe other side, I expect a "go fish" reply from her at best. If I get something back, I will be sure to share it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I would prefer that the FEDERAL govt. has no say over what MY
STATE can or cannot do.

They might get the idea they can just eliminate the middle man...

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
ExSoldier762 said:
Sure I'd love to whup up on DC or New YAWK or my FAV Bahston (do they really pahk the cah in the Haaavad yahd?)QUOTE]

hey hey now :haha: :banana:
I have that accent........:haha:
It's Paahk tha caaaah in Haaaaaavid yaaaaaaahd
and a certain part of Boston is Daaaaaaaaaaaachesta (Dorchester) :haha:
:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :congrats: :congrats:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sent

HI,

A new member here. I sent the letter to my representatives from Pa and will follow up with replies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts