Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure it is illegal in TN to use a class III weapon in self-defense. Does that also apply to suppressors?

Anybody know?

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I don't know about Tennessee but in Nevada it's legal to use either, providing you have the necessary paperwork for ownership.

I have a buddy who has an old S&W Model 76 subgun w/ suppressor, it's his primary home defense weapon.

·
Super Moderator
13,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
acparmed said:
I don't know about Tennessee but in Nevada it's legal to use either, providing you have the necessary paperwork for ownership.

I have a buddy who has an old S&W Model 76 subgun w/ suppressor, it's his primary home defense weapon.
I suppose that's the way it should be. Although I must admit the thought of some (legal) guys rippin' with full autos is a bit scary.

But I don't see any reason a suppressor couldn't be used since it isn't the same danger a full auto is. But there I go trying to apply logic to bureaucracy.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Suppressors are a NO-NO here in Missouri. Don't know about TN...

I can (with the proper 'tax' paid and at artificially inflated prices) purchase a machine gun if I wish, but I can't put a muffler on my .22 pistol. Suppressors don't make weapons any more deadly, they just keep me from bothering the neighbors! It doesn't have to make sense, it's the law.

·
Super Moderator
13,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suppressors are allowed in TN, with the proper BATF approval, etc. But, a class III weapon, ie full auto, even if legally owned, cannot be used for self-defense in TN - I think. I suspect the same will apply for suppressors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts