Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Surefire E2e for some time now. It is my EDC light off-duty and a back up light to my G2 LED while on the job. I love this light. It stays securely in my support side rear pocket via the strong clip that is attached to the light.

Here is the bad news. The other day I had to go into my basement for something. I had a flood a few years ago and had taken down all of the sheet rock. So there are some sheet rock screws protruding a bit from the studs. Well, ofcourse, one of the screws caught the clip on my E2e as I passed it and STRETCHED it out. Now it no longer sits securely in my pocket.

I cannot for the life of me get the clip to sit tight to the light as it was before. Any suggestions? Will Surefire be able to correct it if I send it back to them?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Give them a call and see.

·
Super Moderator
50,582 Posts
SureFire WILL make it right...give 'em a call.:yup:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Surefire didn't send you a replacement... the entire light! :wink:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? Hopefully you guys are right. I'll give them a call on Monday morning.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke with Surefire CS on Monday. They will be sending me a replacement clip free of charge. I am very pleased as I love my little E2e.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing. I was clipping it on a thick denim pocket and it bent it out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Send it back... or call them. They'll make it right.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can fix that bet clip real easy too. Take the bezel off, then slip a loop of paracord (shoe laces will work too), and slowly pull the clip out. There's a tiny plastic shim under the clip, make sure it doesn't come flying out and you never find it.

Once the clip is out, squeeze the clip back into shape with a pair of pliers. You can cover the clip with a rag so the pliers don't scratch the metal.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can fix that bet clip real easy too. Take the bezel off, then slip a loop of paracord (shoe laces will work too), and slowly pull the clip out. There's a tiny plastic shim under the clip, make sure it doesn't come flying out and you never find it.

Once the clip is out, squeeze the clip back into shape with a pair of pliers. You can cover the clip with a rag so the pliers don't scratch the metal.
Thanks. But I am waiting to receive a brand new clip from Surefire. It should arrive any day now.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Received the new belt clip from Surefire today. Free of charge. Excellent CS!! I installed it and feeling better about not losing the light. It is securely sitting in my rear pocket.

:hand10:Good job Surefire:hand10:

·
Registered
62 Posts
My dog chewed a polymer light of mine up. I called em and told them the truth and they sent almost a whole light to me for free.

·
Registered
568 Posts

Thank you! I've been trying to figure out how to pull the clip off my L4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts