·
Registered
304 Posts
LOL Kobun.

So thats whost those scallops are for.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Actually, my E2E doesn't have the scallops. I have the "Type III Hard Anodized" model with the anti-roll bezel.

That little light got so toasty the outide of my thick leather purse was hot. :lol:

image ©Surefire

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kobun said:
the scallops on the E2E
:theyareon Wow, am I embarrassed! Of course I ment the E2D...
Should have checked my back pocket. :wink:

Or you can say the scallops are for map reading. The beam is too bright to read a map at night, but if you hold the head onto the map, and let the light shine out through the openings, you can look at the map without blinding yourself.
This is a easy thing to prove to a cop/airport security. Show how easy it is to read from a piece of paper, and then shine the light into his eyes.
"See, I told you it was too bright to read a map by!" :smilegrin

·
Registered
540 Posts
acparmed said:
The A2 Aviator ought to solve an old axiom of pilots which says that "Flashlights are tubular containers for storing dead batteries."
One thing I did was to have on my anual inspection was to replace the batteries in the flashlights. Everytime I went to use them they worked. Just takes a checklist and following it.

Now with these, you can just repalce the batteries when you do the ELT.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
20,035 Posts
Betty said:
Actually, my E2E doesn't have the scallops. I have the "Type III Hard Anodized" model with the anti-roll bezel.
Yup, that's the same one I have. Even though mine get's hot, it has never heated up my purse.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Wow, am I embarrassed! Of course I ment the E2D...
When you said scallops, I thought you were meaning the grooves on the side by the head, which are found on the E2E, but only on the satin grey model (see pic).

You meant the scallops on the head and tail of the E2D Defender (they call it "crenellated Strike Bezel"), so now I know what you mean. Yep, they're for map reading, officer. :lol:

image ©Surefire

·
Registered
862 Posts
I wish the E2E had an option to use a more powerful head. When the holiday season is over I may get a 9P, with a 200 lumen head.
I don't want to momentarily distract, as much as I want to blind them! I want someone to have a gigantic white spot in there vision minuets after the light is off.

How does the LED upgrade (25 lumen's I think) compare to the light output of a std. mini-Mag-light? I like the idea of the extended battery life but don't want to drop all the way back to mini-mag output levels.
I use my 6P every night at work. The upgrade is well worth it. From what I remember the upgrade bumps the output up to 120 lumen.
I let the late night drunk residents flash each other, and say "Dam,...that IS bright!!!" :3schild40 . I use a mini-mag light for normal stuff, pulse the mini-mag light makes a better makeshift Kubaton, the mini mag-light might be replaced by a Streamlight Baton light. Surefire says the battery life with the upgrade is 10min, but it doesn't seem like it.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well, UPS just delivered my 6P ... at 8:15PM! Wasn't expecting anyone at the door that late, so I shoved my J-frame in my pocket and signed for the package. Now all I've got to do is figure out a temporary carrier until my new gear comes in.

That 6P is a beefy little fella though, seems thicker in the barrel than my Z2. Looks plenty durable and I think it'll suit my needs just fine. Thanks for all the input folks, it's given me a lot to think about.
Jack

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Sooo.... have you nuked yourself in the face yet? :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,400 Posts
9p

Justin said:
I got a Z2 after getting a 9P. I love the Z2. I'm addicted to shooting it with my USP with the Surefire/Rogers technique.
How do you like the 9P? I'm seriously thinking of this as my next purchase. Is it the rechargeable? If so, how long does the av charge last and how long to recharge and is there a car adaptor? If it's the 3 cell larger version of the 6P does it last any longer or do the batts expire FASTER?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 6P, and the 9P conversion.
I'm not sure if it is still available from Surefire or not.
I had to buy an extension, and a 9volt light bulb. (verses the 6 volt for the 6P)
I feel the 9P just didn't offer any brighter light that was noticible. Ny take on it was a more of a flood action than a straight beam of light.

I agree with those that carry an E2, that is my favorite, the D2 cuts my 5.11 pants.
The G2 with a 120 Lumen lamp is a great tactical light, yet it is not the one I carry. The G2 is on the shelf at the door, and goes outside with me.
In all, I have seven Surefire Lights. To me, they are the best, and I'm never without one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
rocky said:
yes , they get hot, but i just can't see using a lower output LED wwhile a hi output light is avalible.
The E2e will produce 65 lumens of light with the KL4 led head on it. There is also a 25 lumen head for it also. The E2E with a KL4 head gives yo more light than the incan head. It would be a waste of money to get the E2 series just to put the kl4 head on it when you can get the Surefire L4 for around 160 bucks and the L4 is an e2e with a led head.

Everyone be advised that the Surefire LED's do get hot. They get real hot, even hotter than an incan.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts