Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
500 SUREFIRE lumens for a pistol mounted light? Isn't that going to be a bit excessive in the vast majority of cases?
I wish Surefire wouldn't jump on the 'lets make a light as bright as possible' bandwagon.

...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually set up to have a fairly wide beam. Lights that have wide beams don't reflect light back at you as much.

500 SUREFIRE lumens for a pistol mounted light? Isn't that going to be a bit excessive in the vast majority of cases?
I wish Surefire wouldn't jump on the 'lets make a light as bright as possible' bandwagon.

...sent from my mind, using telepathy!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Any chance you could post some pics of the light and exactly how wide a beam it throws?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How would you compare this to the Elzetta's for an AR?
It's a wider and brighter beam than the Elzetta. The switching is different. The x300 has a toggle switch that you can press on the back for monetary on. Both lights are built like tanks. The Elzetta is heavier, but it has a thicker body and the LED module is solid brass. So they are tough to break.

It's really preference. Personally, I'd rather have a tactical light vs a pistol light on a AR. But I know guys that are the other way around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts