Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Surefire XC1 with the intention of running it on my USP9c with a G&G adapter rail. Turns out that this combination REALLY limits your holster choices. I did find a holster for that combo, but I honestly found it very uncomfortable. That holster will be relegated to OWB use.

This got me looking for an H&K 9mm mid-sized pistol that would let me use the XC1 without an adapter rail (thus reducing bulk and width of the pistol/light combo. I settled on the P2000. I recently found a P2000 on Gunbroker for less than 50% of the MSRP, and it's arriving Saturday.

This means that I'm now in the market for a holster. Specifically, I'm looking for an IWB holster that will accommodate the P2000/XC1 whole spreading the weight out on my belt and spreading the pressure out over my hip back/side/hip area - much like a Comp-Tac Minotaur hybrid holster does. I would also like to be able to get the pistol riding as deep as possible at the belt-line while still having 1/2" or 1/4" of kydex sticking up above my pants to aid in re-holstering.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was looking on liondefense.com and blackpointactical.com as they make light-mounted kydex holsters for IWB but I don't see an option for the H&K P2000. You might could contact them and see if they could do it.

·
Administrator
21,095 Posts
I have a JM Custom for a P30L and XC1, while I'm a fan of bis work, the retention changes with the light on, if I had to assign a metric to it, I'd say the retention of the holster was reduced by 25%, that nice audible click you get when the gun is fully seated goes away. The fit just isn't the same.

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In leather or Kydex?
Since this is all in an effort to make carrying a pistol with a light on it more comfortable, I would be happiest with a hybrid holster - those are the ones have historically worked best for me. If I were to find a holster maker willing to build a kydex body to fit on one of my Comp-Tac Minotaur hybrid holsters that would accommodate this pistol/light combo, I would be VERY happy.

If I do go kydex, the best experiences I have had were all with holsters from Raven Concealment....but for some reason they don't make a holster for this pistol/light combination. I have actually worn their standard holsters IWB with offset wings and I found them to be quite comfortable.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I found an option for a JM custom IWB kydex holster set up for the P2000/XC1 combo. Worth a try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't know if I'm not supposed to say this, so I apologize if I'm breaking the rules. But we offer that set up with the same rail adapter. I know how hard it is to find holsters for certain set ups, especially with that hk proprietary rail.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the follow-up.

Any chance that y'all would consider doing a hybrid (kydex/leather) setup that would accommodate the HK/XC1 combo?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts