Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gun shop called this morning to tell me my Micro Compact Operator was in. Holy cow!!!! Was supposed to take 12-16 weeks and it's here in less then a month!!!

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Until then I have a question. I proceeded to disassemble to clean. Sheesh just trying to get the disassembly pin out was a bear. Once I got it out, I honestly thought I would have to take it to my gunsmith for reassembly. Couldn't get the pin back in.

Talk about tight. Please tell me this is going to loosen up a bit. I plan to take it apart tomorrow, do a good cleaning, and head to the range on Thursday. Figure I'll run out to Wally World and see if I can buy a box or two of WWB.

Will keep ya'll posted. In the meantime if anyone has any hints/tips to remove and replace the disassembly pin I'd appreciate it.

Any recommendations on magazines for it? :usflag:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
During disassembly/reassembly make sure the notch in the slide is alligned with the end of the slide stop. Even in a new gun it shouldn't be as difficult as you discribe.
As far as magazines, I don't know of anyone except Para Ordnance that makes a six shot in 45 ACP and they are probably the equivelent of your factory mags in quality. You might check Wilson Combat.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
That's a good call to get. Nice pistol, congrats.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Once again, I'm getting really sick of all you guys getting 1911's and making me want one really bad!!!

Nice pistol!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very nice. In good health.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lock the slide back and remember to clip on that little black plastic "thingy" onto the guide rod PRIOR to backing the slide off the catch and removing the pin. I grasp the slide via the ejection port (sometimes using my fingers as a "catch" to stop the forward movement of the slide). You'll get the hang of it.

Congratulations on a sweet pistol! I think Springfield makes the best carrying size 1911s around!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Very nice gun. I have found SA factory mags work very well in my Champ.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Very nice pistola...:yup:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice I have SA LW Fullsize, the more I carry it the more I like to go to the officers size lightweight... I like the micro but prefer 8 rds over 6. Either way they are great pistols!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congrats!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts