Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPIKE TV's Surviving Disaster has a feature that might be interesting to the defense minded. I haven't watched the entire episode yet, but it appears that there may be good information.

Mall Shooting | SPIKE 42 minutes.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Nice find, thanks for sharing. I think we'll be watching this episode on the next rainy day.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Great video!

Semper Fi

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Thanks for the interesting scenario...bookmarked for total viewing later.:bier:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
This guy actually seems to be giving good info. I like how he explains how ordinary people can do these things, if you have the will to survive.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
He is an ex-navy seal. I've been DVRing this show since it started. The first one is how to survive a hijacked airliner, burning building, a hurricane, a home invasion and now this one.

Great show with lots of info. I picked up a few new pointers.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah, great show!

Another great show is "Best Defense" on the Outdoor Channel. Lots of varying situations and quite a lot of tactical firearm tips.

-

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Great video.

Thanks for sharing, Agave.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Yeah, great show!

Another great show is "Best Defense" on the Outdoor Channel. Lots of varying situations and quite a lot of tactical firearm tips.

-
I really wish I got that channel. There are a couple great show on it.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm only about halfway through it (video keeps buffering), but there is *way* too much time on improvising weapons and such and not enough spent on getting out of the mall. A group of unarmed people cannot defend themselves against automatic rifle wielding terrorists. Move deep into a store, towards the rear, find the fire exit and get out of dodge.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I definitely found it slightly ridiculous, and don't think his approach would be all that realistic. Easy to stage stuff.

Good points in the show:

Fight, no matter what. Best case, you win, worst case, you die like you would anyway.

When you may encounter the police, do everything they say, and drop your weapon

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I definitely found it slightly ridiculous, and don't think his approach would be all that realistic. Easy to stage stuff.

Good points in the show:

Fight, no matter what. Best case, you win, worst case, you die like you would anyway.

When you may encounter the police, do everything they say, and drop your weapon
Yup. A mix of wise info and hollywood style drama.

The reminder on finding and using emergency exits is very wise. Very wise indeed.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I liked it, but somethings were to military like. Lets just say i hope my group has hunters, or someone who has shot a gun before. I would not trust a stranger that has never shot a gun before to do that kind of stuff. Also to us the leap frog thing and some other stuff, once again ordinary people aren't going to understand what your telling them in a high stress situation. Covered alot of stuff though.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
The fire exits were chained shut by the BGs to create a slaughterhouse. They were systematically clearing the commons, stores, and back halls. The only break the GGs got was that their BG encounter in the store wasn't a 2 man team.

Good show, tries to be realistic but it is entertainment, not a training video. They sure do go to some extremes in blowing stuff up and breaking things, especially considering the locations they film. Must have a good budget!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Haven't watched all of it yet, but just wanted to correct it: The mall shooting was at Westroads Mall here in Omaha, and the gunman was a mentally disturbed teenager, not a terrorist, that lived not too far from me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts