Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would bet that across the nation, a fair number of people will be carrying on their trips to church, at least for a while now. And this is a good thing. Better to have a chance than virtually none at all.
I do as do others at our church here in Kentucky.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
It's a felony in Ohio to carry in a place of worship without governing board permission.
Felony? Ouch! Places of worship? Yes, it's against the rules to carry in Kinnick Stadium and you will be arrested if found out - against the law? We're awaiting a test case.

Places of worship in Iowa? Meh, we have invested plough shares, no?

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Reporting that a good guy with a gun fought back against a mass shooter? On national and liberal networks? Has the world gone mad?!
He said, as he rocked his chair to and fro on it's rear wheels - like a mad man.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I have on more than one occasion told our people ( I'm the pastor) I wish more folks carry in church. I hate to say it but in our small congregation my wife and myself are most likely the only two carrying. Being in a smaller congregation you get to know your people pretty well. The mindset of so many is that it would never happen here.

We had a few weird encounters in the church over the years that were wake up calls for me years ago.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I have on more than one occasion told our people ( I'm the pastor) I wish more folks carry in church. I hate to say it but in our small congregation my wife and myself are most likely the only two carrying. Being in a smaller congregation you get to know your people pretty well. The mindset of so many is that it would never happen here.

We had a few weird encounters in the church over the years that were wake up calls for me years ago.
Everybody wants to be a Quaker

·
Registered
922 Posts
Homicide trackers? Geez, what have we come to? I noticed they even list the number of shots by headshot, torso, arms, etc. That's some crazy stuff!
12.7% Homicide clearance rate. Now that means an arrest made and somebody charged with something. It doesn't mean convicted or even charged with murder. Chicago is so far behind in the race they think they are in front.

Back to this Loon in TX. wouldn't a Military BCD show up on a back ground? Probably not.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I wonder what the likelihood is of a similar incident happening in Israel. My gut says they have a collective defensive mentality which makes temples less-soft targets.
You mean like...
Watch: Police release video footage of Temple Mount terror attack - Israel News - Jerusalem Post

The collective defense mentality to which you refer is due primarily to all of the violence Israel has suffered and continues to suffer inside of their borders, not because of some utopian safety mindset.

·
Premium Member
33,734 Posts
Out of curiosity, and assuming you go to a church, have you approached your church officials about carrying while at the service, and what was their response?
Synagogue, actually, and yes, the discussion came and went. Suffice to say, the liberal bias of the board shined through.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I believe you've misunderstood what I wrote. I never said, nor would I say, that it is wrong for someone not to carry. I think such a decision is their right to take. Of course there are those who follow this route because of their politics, just like it might be because of their religious beliefs. Again, that is their choice. My specific point of the text you quoted was aimed at a socio-political agenda that prefers a path of not using arms for one's protection over one that would encourage people to employ a tool that might save their lives.

Hope this clears things up.
VERY well articulated, sir !

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
No, never again has never really meant never again. It means, "We are mad right now and want to sound big and tough and make some noise, but after we calm down, we will get back to our old normal routine because it is too much trouble being vigilant...until the next time somebody does it to us again and the process will start over."

It starts to sound silly when "Never again" keeps getting repeated with new events.

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
Back to this Loon in TX. wouldn't a Military BCD show up on a back ground? Probably not.
It might not. It is one of the questions on the 4473. The resultant domestic violence conviction should show up. He has two counts against him for legally possessing firearms. He is also suspected by some to be Antifa, word is that the FBI is scrubbing that to sanitize it.

·
Premium Member
33,734 Posts
Past time to change that law.
The Republican-led Ohio legislature has repeatedly failed to do just that. We got shall-issue in 2004, and haven't experienced any reduction in restrictions since 2008, when bar-room carry was finally approved. Must-inform and force-of-law GFZ's (both misdemeanor and felony, depending) remain the laws of the state. When legislation is offered up, it becomes so watered down with amendments that it winds up being meaningless.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
It might not. It is one of the questions on the 4473. The resultant domestic violence conviction should show up. He has two counts against him for legally possessing firearms. He is also suspected by some to be Antifa, word is that the FBI is scrubbing that to sanitize it.
The swamp is alive and well.

·
Premium Member
2,833 Posts
Texas governor just said the murderer had tried to get a Texas concealed carry permit & had been DENIED!....& bought the AR after that...

·
Registered
346 Posts

What word? What is your source. How would you know the FBI is conspiring to do something like that.

61 - 80 of 153 Posts