Defensive Carry banner

SWEAT!!!! Urgghhh!

1600 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  revlar
Just thinking - summer is coming (well - here that is a rumor! LOL) ...... and I have a problem with sweat. Had ''Mono'' back in 1969 and my thermostat is all but non existent!

Now - when I say sweat I mean - SWEAT ....... the liquid that pours out of every part of me - in volumes that can only be described! My carry last year was SP-101 - and apart from the leather changing color - no probs. I followed the stainless trend when I got the SIG - 226ST ... tho that yet has to go thru a full summer's sweatbath.

So - fellow carriers - if you sweat (medium to buckets) how does this affect your carry thinking? Does your leather cut it and does your piece manage also?

My early carry (now wife's) was an M85 snub .... great lil' gun but - it carries not only much holster wear but also when inspected close enough - pitting at top of grips from the dreaded sweat. Here is that ol' friend BTW .......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
50,358 Posts
P95Carry Stainless...Don't Sweat It.

I have yet to be able to make a S&W or a Ruger Stainless gun show rust.
I'm "best guessing" that SIG is also using an ultra~high quality Stainless steel.
On Blue & parked guns I am having GREAT LUCK with Blue Wonder Armadillo Wax Real Nice Stuff!

It's a pretty amazing protective coating & it sure does work.
It's real dry & kinda cakey when you open it up & you'll think it's too dried out BUT it's supposed to be that way. Just follow the directions.
By The Way...Leather Looks GOOD with Sweat Stains on it!

· Administrator
50,358 Posts
P95Carry

See now...I don't think there is a thing wrong with the way those holsters look. :rolleyes:
Sometimes in summer I wear a shoulder rig just under an oversize T~Shirt...right under the ol' armpit. The leather does take a bit of a visual beating. But, nobody usually sees it but me...which is the whole idea behind concealed carry :biggrin:

I usually carry my vintage blue SIG in that sweaty location & I just keep it waxed. So far...I've not had any adverse reactions between the leather & the firearm. I do not have really acid sweat though.
Some folks can rust a blued gun just by touching it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.